CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Erion CBR900RE Serials

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Erion CBR900RE Serials

just re-read the whole post and read it slowly and when he reads it and he'll get it!

lol

Old 03-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you guys are really makin me regret starting this whole thread in the first place. I'm sorry if you couldn't take the time to read the whole post. It may have been a little longer than usual and hard to comprehend, but that doesn't mean there wasn't some good info in there. I don't write with "fluff" people.

What I was trying to accomplish:
1) Figure out just how many Erion 929's Honda produced.
2) Figure out if the SC443 was the model designation of an original Erion.

That's about it!! Instead i get accused of being "hokie" and using VIN's for bad purposes. It seems that everyone skipped past the whole "I DON'T WANT YOU WHOLE VIN #" part. DON'T WANT IT!! This is a public forum and I would never ask for that info. Why?? People seem to be protective of their VIN. Although like I pointed out earlier, it's just an encrypted model designation. It's on the outside of your bike for tracking purposes only. It's how you register your bike and get insurance. It's also a good way to track down theives of stolen bikes. Newsflash!! Everyone can see it when your out at the bike-nite or just ridin. So experts, what kinda harm can somebody do if they have your VIN??

Now LJ I hear ya on being a new member here. Wouldn't my posts suggest that I probably have been in the forum scene for a while now? I've been a member at VFRD longer than CBR Forums has even been around and I'm a member at Fireblades too. I'm not new to the scene by any means. So if you guys wanna raz the new members, then do what ya gotta do to get it outta your system. I'm not gonna wait a year to post interesting questions. I don't claim to know everything. That's why I'm here. I'm only as smart as the people whose company I keep.

LJ was totally correct on Honda being hush hush on production numbers. If it were that easy, I wouldn't have had to create a thread begging people for some statistical information here. So anybody who didn't know this or can't follow what we're sayin belongs in the "what kinda oil's the best" or "what tires roxors" threads. Seriously! People who ask stupid questions always pi$$ me off.

===========================

So anyways, back to the subject. Two people have confirmed Erions having SC443 in the second part of the VIN. Not sure if this is the consensus, but it seems to be lookin good.

Need more Erions to confirm!!!

To the people that get it now...
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 03-21-2008, 09:05 PM

my #s are 9-00

if ya want my whole vin tag, flash the cash and you can take the bike and title...
hell if ya want my address, go by my house its on the mailbox....
if ya wanna steal my identity do me one favor and take my wife and her bills she racks up!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: dscort
my #s are 9-00

if ya want my whole vin tag, flash the cash and you can take the bike and title...
hell if ya want my address, go by my house its on the mailbox....
if ya wanna steal my identity do me one favor and take my wife and her bills she racks up!
LMAO!! [sm=smiley32.gif]

Great sense of humor DS! Thanks for being a good sport in the name of research. I was about to give up on this thread. It seems that you got one of the first Erion's outta the factory in Sept. Does you VIN also have the SC443? We're tryin to confirm that as an Erion model identifier. Also is your shock white or yellow? Thanks again!

All that's left to say is PLEASE for the love of God... somebody take this poor man's identity lol!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:21 AM

i got the sc443 and a white spring...

Old 03-22-2008, 10:26 PM

Thanks again D!
I'm happy that there are some good members who contribute to the knowledge of this forum.

From what I've gathered so far from about a 100 or so Erion's I've seen is that Honda started production in September of 2000.
The first ones off the line had the white spring which was only used for Erion Edition 929's.
The model identification given by Honda for this particular model 929 was the SC443.
If you look at your VIN plate and see CBR900RE, that's also an indication it's an original Erion.

I'll post some other serials and manufacturing months that I've acquired through web searches after I sort them.
Still lookin for that highest one!

Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 AM

sorry to bust in on this "erion" only thread but all this talk about yellow, white springs i had to ask mine says sc440 if im reading it right and has a white spring.it is a regular 929 2000 does that sound normal or is my spring the wrong color.lol i cant believe im asking is my spring the right color

Old 03-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

ok metalhead, mine was assembled before your and has a yellow spring and jcowick has a non-erion with a white spring? dscort has one that was assembled way before yours and mine and has a white spring, now his bike isnt exactly a stock off the show room floor condition erion and neither is yours and since im not sure if he owned his from day 1 but if not it is possible that his spring has been replaced. not that it matters at all really but its not like there is a specific color spring for any type of 929 they might of ran short and ordered another batch and some came in white and some came in yellow, but unless you or owned the bike from day 1, i doubt we can claim anything but that.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

ORIGINAL: MetalHedd

Now LJ I hear ya on being a new member here. Wouldn't my posts suggest that I probably have been in the forum scene for a while now? I've been a member at VFRD longer than CBR Forums has even been around and I'm a member at Fireblades too. I'm not new to the scene by any means. So if you guys wanna raz the new members, then do what ya gotta do to get it outta your system. I'm not gonna wait a year to post interesting questions. I don't claim to know everything. That's why I'm here. I'm only as smart as the people whose company I keep.

Was trying to explain that you are new here. Not to the internet or motorcycle forums.
No one was razzing you either. Just not the kinda first few posts we are used to seeing here.

Mine ends with ....101930
I got the SC443 as well.
And the spring is yellow.

See if that helps.
LJ

Old 03-23-2008, 06:45 PM

Much thanks LJ!

I think it's safe to say that SC443 is most definitely Honda's designation for the CBR 929 Erion Edition.
As far as spring color goes, I was trying to get an answer for somebody who asked and thought my white shock (with the Honda part # lol) may have been aftermarket. I checked with the original owner and he said the shock was never touched. I may have to have it serviced tho as it's gettin a little older now. Anyhow, it's an original Honda factory part for the Erion only. Mine was one of the first 150 made. The first so many Erions got them. How many... who knows? I don't really care too much about it tho as that's not the focus of this thread.

JC, I'm glad you chimed in on the thread. It's possible your shock coulda been swapped for looks or as somebody else pointed out being faulty. I guess there were a batch of 'em that they had problems with. I don't have too much info on this as I'm just goin by what I read in another thread fwiw. As long as it rebounds good, I wouldn't think twice about it man!
SC440 is definitely Honda's designation for the Honda CBR 929. The reason this is kinda important is that you'll see people on eBay and the like selling "Erions" with SC440 in the VIN. They'll claim that the fairings were factory, but this is a good sign they were replaced for some reason or another. This should prompt a prospective buyer to look a little closer at the whole bike.

Good info people. Keep it comin!

Quick Reply: Erion CBR900RE Serials