CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!

Ok first i wanna start by saying i will dontate $100 paypal to anyone who helps me fix the problem and avoid going to the scumbag dealers around here just out of principle...

I own a 2001 cbr 929 rr, as of end of the summer when i stopped riding i had a issue with it that the bike overheads up to 255 degrees and the temp gauge starts flashing, meaning its probably hotter than that... I dont know where to start to fix this issue. I do not hear the fans turn on, either that or i am going deaf usually i hear them lately i havnt..

I havnt changed my antifreeze because i do not know the steps on how to do so last time i took my bike completely apart to paint the frame and the plastics it took me almost a month n half to put it back together so i am very scared to do it, id also sooner or later wanna change the spark plugs too since i purchased the bike and the previous owner was probably a a**hole driver..

Any help would be greatly appriciated since its freezing here ill get to working on it now rather then all summer long..

So here is what i need help with / pics to guide me..

1-fix the overheat problem (probably the fans)
2-how to : Change spark plugs (easiest way)
3-how to : Change the antifreeze (easiest way)

thanks !!!

I can also be reached by email: russell.customcreationz@gmail.com

Last edited by 74demon; 09-19-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: language
Old 12-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

first of all, watch the language. swearing is frowned upon. you should edit your post asap.
second, diagnose the problem on step at a time. first problem is no fans. its a simple check.
1. check fuses
2. check coolant level
3. make sure thermostat is working and the radiator is indeed hot
4. disconnect the switch on the left side of the of the radiator. ground that wire with the key on. fan comes on replace the switch. fan doesnt come on, check for power at the fan (switch still grounded). power there, replace fan. no power, see #1.

get back with results.

btw, where in the world are you?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

as for your other questions:
Motorcycle Honda CBR929RR Repair Manual Download
look at the manual, its all in there.
coolant. remove drain bolt by the water pump. you may want to remove the faring or make a shield to save the mess. when the overflow is empty, remove radiator cap. when done, put bolt back in and fill coolant.
plugs. remove lower fairings, remove radiator bolts to drop radiator out of the way. this will give you access to the coils and plugs. they are soooo much fun to do......

Old 12-30-2011, 03:28 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Likely the fan switch....it's located on bottom of radiator...you may see 2 or 3 wires connected to it. When the bike gets up to certain temp. Switch kicks in telling the fan to go on...if you fan doesn't go on at over 240...it's the switch or the fan... Doubt it's the fan.. You can bypass the switch & see if the fan goes on...

Don't let you bike run HOT...severe damage to engine...shut bike off once temp meter start going up.

1. Check fan switch.
2. Check coolant, flush radiator
3. Check oil?? Low oil may cause over heat
4. Check water pump & thermostat.

If you let your bike running until light flashes...not good...make sure to check all before running engine again.

Originally Posted by 1 SiCk G
Ok first i wanna start by saying i will dontate $100 paypal to anyone who helps me fix the problem and avoid going to the scumbag dealers around here just out of principle...

I own a 2001 cbr 929 rr, as of end of the summer when i stopped riding i had a issue with it that the bike overheads up to 255 degrees and the temp gauge starts flashing, meaning its probably hotter than that... I dont know where to start to fix this issue. I do not hear the fans turn on, either that or i am going deaf usually i hear them lately i havnt..

I havnt changed my antifreeze because i do not know the steps on how to do so last time i took my bike completely apart to paint the frame and the plastics it took me almost a month n half to put it back together so i am very scared to do it, id also sooner or later wanna change the spark plugs too since i purchased the bike and the previous owner was probably a a**hole driver..

Any help would be greatly appriciated since its freezing here ill get to working on it now rather then all summer long..

So here is what i need help with / pics to guide me..

1-fix the overheat problem (probably the fans)
2-how to : Change spark plugs (easiest way)
3-how to : Change the antifreeze (easiest way)

thanks !!!

I can also be reached by email: russell.customcreationz@gmail.com

Last edited by 74demon; 09-19-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:47 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's amazing how one can strip entire bike down to paint frame, but cannot change coolant or sparks? Gotta give you credit, you got guts indeed.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:04 PM

Thanks a lot guys for the feedback guys, I am willing to do anything.. Any chance you guys can post pictures as to where the fan wires are as where I have to put the ground wire ?? Cause I'm clueless with the bike..

P.S- i never cursed in the first place bro, scumbag for the dealers around here is understatement .. Put it this way... 120$ for a oil change... Enough said...

The reason I took it apart to paint it and after realizing how long it took me to put it back together I am not dealing with that **** again lol.

Pics please the offer is legit I'll pay someone to teach me how to fix this thing on my own..

Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM

I'm in stated islad new York btw

Old 12-30-2011, 04:13 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the bike custom painted.. Acura vivid pearl blue and u finite moonlight pearl white painted myself! But yet can't fix a minor issue

Old 12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Old 12-30-2011, 04:19 PM

Quick Reply: Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!