CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

2001 CBR 929 starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 CBR 929 starting problem

Hi I have a 2001 929 with a starting issue when cold it takes few attempts to get the fuel pump to prime but when it's started it rides fine and as soon as it's been ridden for a short time when I turn it off it won't start back up until it's been left to cool I put it in with a mechanic who had it out on a diagnostic and found nothing checked ECU out puts all fine it had a service a new fuel pump tried the fuel pump relay tried a new tilt sensor even tried another ignition barrel if I put my ear on the fuel tank when turning the key you can hear the fuel pump relay click once then a short break then click again then a fisel sound if the pumps taken out and tested it primes up every time the bike will turn over but won't fire up at all while it's got temperature any ideas even the mechanic I took it to is stumped

Old 10-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pebs
Hi I have a 2001 929 with a starting issue when cold it takes few attempts to get the fuel pump to prime but when it's started it rides fine and as soon as it's been ridden for a short time when I turn it off it won't start back up until it's been left to cool I put it in with a mechanic who had it out on a diagnostic and found nothing checked ECU out puts all fine it had a service a new fuel pump tried the fuel pump relay tried a new tilt sensor even tried another ignition barrel if I put my ear on the fuel tank when turning the key you can hear the fuel pump relay click once then a short break then click again then a fisel sound if the pumps taken out and tested it primes up every time the bike will turn over but won't fire up at all while it's got temperature any ideas even the mechanic I took it to is stumped
Hi
I'm ***** deep into my wiring at the moment so I sympathize. I've done a lot of research into this and I would start with giving all the relay connectors a tush and a spray with WD40. I'm sure you've done all that so we move on to the fuel pump wiring itself. Have a look at this video and see if it gives you any ideas:

Just re-read your post and since you have a new fuel pump - I'd guess it has to be a bad connection in the loom. Any green connectors anywhere ?

Last edited by vitus detritus; 10-04-2019 at 05:40 PM.