CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

What tail fairings fit a 98 CBR 900?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

estate: where did you pick that info up??? im just curious.. obviously its good to know and totally makes sense.. my streetfighter does ride 100 % different than my other bikes , but I have to say: its never given me a sense of being unstable, it just feels different.. man I wish we lived closer.. I would love to let you take her for a ride. its actually my favorite because its so comfortable and yet because its been stripped down to the bear essecials it feels way more powerful than the other four I have..

cbr1988: thanks for the info.. even if we don't use it.. someone else might...even though it came from a rebel cave in the Carolinas ..
its still good to know..i only plan to keep one of my bikes stock so having options is key.. thank you..

le nitro: hows it coming man??? did the holidays sweep you away like everyone else..or have you made any progress????

this is actually for everyone but especially this is for estate and le nitro. ive been thinking a lot lately about chroming or anodizing a bunch of my parts, but because I have more than one project going right now. ive been looking into actually just doing it myself.. and what I found is actually pretty cool. there are kits out there that are actually affordable. if you guys have any interest in what im talking about, check this out.. Anodizing Kits - Anodizing Products - Electroplating & Anodizing - Caswell Inc
I havnt bought anything yet, im still in the forums , just reading.. and leaning towards anodizing.. im thinking of doing almost everything on my bike . like motor covers, front end shafts , handle bars , rear sets. everything I can stick into a tank and make look custom...
jay

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM

le nitro: hows your frame building going???
I found a cbr900 frame on ebay or 60 bucks delivered if you stlll need something to chop up for short money
let me know, ill send you the link
jay

Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
estate: where did you pick that info up??? im just curious..
jay
Our maker Tadeo Baba....he revolutionized how our sportbike are made, even today. It's a blueprint of how all sport bike are design. Weight distribution & having all weight being centralized....I read it on one of the sports rider article.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my cbr for sale. I just don't have the time to work on it. I just picked up a new 2012 gsxr 600 about a month ago.

I learned how to ride on the cbr. My friend may purchase the bike and continue the project.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM

keep em both...
glad to hear of your new purchase... of course that new six is as fast as the old nine,but you probably don't owe anything on the older bike.. I just keep it.. unless you don't have space..well anyway , goodluck man..stop in and see us once in awhile and post your new bad boy up.. for us all to see...
jay

Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason,

I'd love to keep the CBR as a project, but I don't have the space and I actually did sell it to my buddy. He will keep it going. If all else fails, maybe I"ll grab it from him one day and finish it.

As for my GSXR 600...here you go...she's my baby:

Name:  2013-01-12130320.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  319.4 KB

Mods:

Fender Delete (home made for 7 Bucks )
Vortex no cut frame sliders
GP Racing Swing arm slider spools
Danmoto GP slip on.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 PM
February 2012 ROTM

here's my buddy...

Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM

Very Nice!!!!
we wont hold it against you le nitro, that's a very purty bike..
ive own two suzukis. the first one was my very first bike (all red 600 katana and a 88 750 slingshot @ the time the fastest production bike in the world.. I always loved saying that ...
anyway goodluck man... nice bike...make sure you carry a chain with you or the trolls will steal it...
jay

Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Jay, have you look in the Jan. ROTM thread...? You should... Your stunt 900rr deserve iy

Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 AM

thank you estate, I actually was in that thread only a couple hours after you tried to throw me into the mix.. thank you. but my bike is far from being finished..actually I have my red and black one in pieces right now.. I have all the plastic off, tank, rear sets.. kinda of a long story but while I have it in pieces I figured I would do a couple things I've itching to do on this bike.plus I've been ebay shopping this month another grand spent, but I can't wait to show you the bigger purchase.. anyway thanks for the nod..
I will put my fighter up in that thread but it won't be until I carbon fiber everything..and by the way that's one of my favorite threads on the site.I always check in there at least once a week.
Jay