CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vibrations

[sm=smiley20.gif]+1 on the tank. Those rubber spacers from Honda suck. They wear out, fall out, or split in half very easily. I went to my local OSH hardware and got a sheet of bulk rubber for $2. I cut spacers out of that and it is much better than the factory ones.

My tank also gets buzzy if it is loose. I always put a white paint stripe on the bolt to make sure it doesn't backout.

Also how about the rubber gromett that the tank bolts go through. Make sure those are good as well.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 AM

The cam chain connects the camshafts to the crank and is responsible for keeping the correct 'timing' of the engine. If you ride your bike very hard--hard acceleration, hard stopping--it can cause the cam chain to stretch and wear out faster than normal. The noise comes from the chain itself as the tensioner wears out and leaves slack (looseness) in the chain. If you leave a failing tensioner in there, the cam chain will eventually fail completely, resulting in engine damage. As far as how long it takes between the time you start hearing the noise and when the chain fails, it could last for thousands of miles, but it is not worth chancing your life and the life of the engine. Getting a new tensioner now should return the cam chain to its proper 'tension' and greatly prolong the life of your engine. In the mean time, riding smoothly and not chopping the throttle hard when accelerating or decelerating will help until you can replace the tensioner.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/technolog...&tech=ACCT

Old 11-07-2007, 03:26 AM

Continue again on this problem... I have checked my CCT with my mechanic friend, and he said no problem with the CCT...so the noise must come from somewhere else...
Here it is, when I took my bike to other workshop (well he owned small bikes workshop)to service my rear brake coz it jammed, I asked about the noise in the engine, so he listened to it and give his opinion... that also happened on the small bike he used to service.. he said it might be caused by the dirty piston/head...lots of carbon deposit on it, so the carbon blocks the fuel from being burned properly...resulting in lean condition..very similar to knocking.
He said it will be possible that the noise will go away after I cleaned the head,etc...
Well... just some thoughts, I haven't try to check,open and clean the heads yet... still no time and funds to do it [8D]

Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Default 1997 blade 900rr need help

Ok I just installed new ape cct new can chain new can gears And lower crank sprocket gear. Much very true worthy new stator new clutch and inner outer basket. New pugs. Drive chain front and rear sprocket chain. 525. I start up runs normal light ticking from valves when cold. Normal noise from adjusted cct I know fire blades are loud motors I got it. But when I come off idle an hit 3500 pretty hard I hear a rolling knock not a Cct or valves this is a rolling knock from pretty hard excell. If I'm on freeway speed and just hold it seedy nothing herd if I drop it a gear or just acell hard I hear it clack or knock and it keeps going until I let off then if I lugg it witch. I don't like to do lugging it to next gear nothing only under heavy exell I don't hear it at idle I have tried but with the cc and other noise from this motor its tuff to hear