CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Shattered Wrist + A Whole Lot of Pain = The Result of an Ignorant Woman Driving A SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shattered Wrist + A Whole Lot of Pain = The Result of an Ignorant Woman Driving A SUV

So it went down like this, or so I believe as my memory of Wednesday was completely erased: I left my apartment at 4:30pm, telling my girlfriend I was just going to ride the bike a few blocks to heat the chain before I lubed it. Luckily I wore my jacket... According to the police report, I then approached a busy intersection with left turns forced to yield to oncoming traffic on all sides. As I approached the intersection on my pristine 98' CBR900RR, a 58 year-old woman driving a Hyundai Santa Fe SUV in the opposite direction supposedly looked directly at me yet did not see me and proceeded to make a left in front of me...

She didn't realize I was there until I crashed into her passenger side. Well I saw her apparently though, cause the police report states that skid marks were left behind my bike. Verdict is, I woke up in the ER with a shattered wrist and a huge deep gash on my forehead (my visor must gave snapped and cut up my face. Or else it was up and my windshield cut me up... who knows?). And a concussion and a totaled bike (sad to see). Now I head in for reconstructive surgery on Monday where they're going to put pins in my wrist and I can't head on a planned business trip to Europe so I'm going to miss out on a few professional opportunities. Oh and did I mention the ****ing pain (I'm allergic to opiates, so some ibuprofen and a spliff or twelve is all I can use)?

Anyways, I'm just here to warn everybody to be safe and aware because you never know when this type of **** can strike. Stay safe out there please! As for me, this woman has Mercury Insurance so I hope all will be taken care of by them but I know it's gonna be a battle. I reported it to my insurance today, so we'll see how it goes. If anybody has any suggestions as how to proceed I'm more than willing to hear them as this is all new territory for me. Be safe out there everybody! It's a war, us against them and today I was a casualty... Pics below

Attached Thumbnails Shattered Wrist + A Whole Lot of Pain = The Result of an Ignorant Woman Driving A SUV-img00067-20101009-1232.jpg   Shattered Wrist + A Whole Lot of Pain = The Result of an Ignorant Woman Driving A SUV-img00068-20101009-1232.jpg  
Old 10-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lawyer. As soon as someone can dial the # and hold the phone for you.

And no, I'm not advising that so you can rack up Mad Lootz. I've recently discovered painfully that you can be successfully sued when the fault is the other driver. I got rear ended. The other driver hit me (in a car) then hit a house and then hit the line of parked cars on the opposite side of the street. And I was found partially at fault (insurance company settled with him).

Getting a lawyer now will protect you later.

As for the pain, just keep saying to yourself "Only the living feel pain". Heal up quick

Old 10-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks man!! Hate to hear it and see it(your pics). Get better soon CBR friend. Sue somebody, I would.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I would certainly speak with an attorney as soon as you can.

Very sorry to hear this, man. I hope surgery goes ok and you start feeling better soon.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Feel better man I wish you the best of luck in surgery take care of yourself

Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Fricking idiot driver, Glad you are on the road to recovery. 1000% on the attorney, Protect your self and family bro, Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a good outcome with the insurance company

Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 AM
October 2010 ROTM

At least you made it out okay! The same thing happened to my friend, he made it out okay with just a broken arm that didn't seem to bother him much.

Definitely get a lawyer! He got a lawyer, and it helped him out.. a lot. He's also getting paid a few thousand dollars for the work he missed for the month.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Default hang in there bro

Man i went thru this with my wrist 3 years ago, hope your surgery goes well, after a year i was able to ride again , shoot my guns and go back to active life style. take your healing and recovery very seriously as your % of mobility will be afected , iworked my **** off in rehab and im back to 99% perfect. Sorry about your RR bro, bikes are replaceable tho , yer not! if i can help with any answers for ya just ask, like i said i went all the way down this road and got the shirt, PM me with any questions bro ... happy to help....peece

Attached Thumbnails Shattered Wrist + A Whole Lot of Pain = The Result of an Ignorant Woman Driving A SUV-dcp_2632.jpg  
Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 PM

Damn very sorry to hear this--- heal up and rest and try to get hopefully that lady does the right thing and compensates you for your motorcycle, medical bills and lost wages.

bambam-- ouch!