CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Nelson Riggs Silver Streak luggage

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson Riggs Silver Streak luggage

i have been looking at getting some luggage for my trip from minnesota down to arizona for spirng break
i was looking at getting the silver streak sport deluxe saddlebags and combo it with the silver streak sport tail pack
maybe a tank bag too but not sure yet

anyone have any info on these bags or maybe a better set of luggage for our cbr900rr- i need somthing that is gonna hang on :-D
buddy and i are taking the bikes, so it needs to hang on at least 100mph riding

Old 12-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Nelson Riggs Silver Streak luggage

I have a set of Nelson Rigg saddle bags with the duffle bag that goes on top. I think they are great. I use them when I have to lug around a bunch of stuff since I don't like backpacks.

They are very easy to put on and take off and they don't move at all. I got mine for free but they are worth whatever they cost.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Default RE: Nelson Riggs Silver Streak luggage

I have all Oxford stuff. Tank Bag, saddle bags and tail pack. The only complaint I have is the tank bag could use some more magnets. I've had tank bags with a lot more magnets than this one and they hold rock solid. I've never had it fall off or anything but I do use the straps when I have it packed heavy. All of the luggage is built really solid and very ergonomical. They deffinately put a lot of thought into these things. They are easy to open and close with gloves on, have a TON of compartments (which come in a lot more handy than I would've thought) all of pieces are VERy expandable. They open up huge. The longest I've packed for with them was 5 days (and I didn't pack light) and I have no doubt I could've put in another 3 changes of clothes.Plus they're really durable. Plus, the best part is, you can get great deals on it. Their luggage is up to 50% cheaper than other brands depending on where you find it.

I've had tour master stuff in the past and it's pretty good too. My girlfriend is now using my tour master tank bag which is 13 years old and has seen over 50k miles. The map window is just as clear in that today as when I bought it. I've packed that thing very fullmany, manytimes and it doesn't have any problems with the zipper, separated seams rips etc.

That's just my two pennies. I can't comment on any other brands since those are the only 2 I've had.