CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

CBR 900 rr 1995 lights switch problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post CBR 900 rr 1995 lights switch problem

hello everybody i am stavros from greece and i drive a cbr 900 rr orange silver brown in colors.
i have 2 months now a very bad electrical problem with my front lights switch.
i have aftermarket front light bulbs and the switch that is for the hi or low scale keeps on melting.the high low lights switch i mean.i went to a very good electrician here in athens but he can not find the problem.after a lot of search i saw that the one of the two head lights bulbs are different and i think this difference causes the melting of the switch every 1 or two months.
could someone please tell me the front light bubls how many watts should be????
thank you in advance,stavros

Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Default bulbs

Originally Posted by hellcanspeak
hello everybody i am stavros from greece and i drive a cbr 900 rr orange silver brown in colors.
i have 2 months now a very bad electrical problem with my front lights switch.
i have aftermarket front light bulbs and the switch that is for the hi or low scale keeps on melting.the high low lights switch i mean.i went to a very good electrician here in athens but he can not find the problem.after a lot of search i saw that the one of the two head lights bulbs are different and i think this difference causes the melting of the switch every 1 or two months.
could someone please tell me the front light bubls how many watts should be????
thank you in advance,stavros
Yeah, change those bulbs. i tried putting some l.e.d. in the tail light and they wouldn't work. also you may have a problem with the high/low switch.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 PM

yes i do have a problem with the hi low switch it keeps on melting every 1 or 2 months.i have an ordinary switch now and the right light does not work.i will change the switch today after waitting for a used one over a month

Old 07-28-2009, 04:58 PM

Hi its not in the light switch its the bulbs thy draw more amps thin the OEM just replace them with OEM. I will look that up for you on my manual, just give some time,just look it up it should be 12v-45w

Last edited by nof900rr; 07-28-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:52 AM

check it out please because we found a bulb burned the right one in the low scale and we replaced it like the other one in the left light.we didn't find any information from the manual tha we have.so i am a little afraid of using the lights again.i will be waitting your answer.that you very much for your efford.the light switch is very difficult to be found in greece so i bought another one simmilar to the cbr left switch and i replaced the burned high and low switch only.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:27 PM

check it out please because we found a bulb burned the right one in the low scale and we replaced it like the other one in the left light.we didn't find any information from the manual tha we have.so i am a little afraid of using the lights again.i will be waitting your answer.that you very much for your efford.the light switch is very difficult to be found in greece so i bought another one simmilar to the cbr left switch and i replaced the burned high and low switch only.
Im at work as soon as I go home I will check it out for you on my manual & may be I can send you the manual so you can have it & I will look for a light switch for your bike here , no worries If I fond one this weekend will see how I can send you one But I believe the problem is not the swich ....ok check the fuss see if it is the right one

Old 07-30-2009, 05:17 AM

i went to the electrician today we changed the melted switch and we installed a similar one.now i have lights.:P we checked the fuses all of them and nothing was worng and checked some of the cables too.i have now a spares half switch which i found in a store in a suburb of athens(went a long ride to get it)i bought it 40 euro .......anyway i will send you my email cause i have some answers to ask you and send from msn the manual if you can.thanxs in advance.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM

i went to the electrician today we changed the melted switch and we installed a similar one.now i have lights.:P we checked the fuses all of them and nothing was worng and checked some of the cables too.i have now a spares half switch which i found in a store in a suburb of athens(went a long ride to get it)i bought it 40 euro .......anyway i will send you my email cause i have some answers to ask you and send from msn the manual if you can.thanxs in advance.
what is your e-mail address?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM

for some reason its taking long time to attach the manual to the e-mail Im going to try it in a different way

Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Default hello again

after a long rest in bed due to knee problems and running in hospitals for a solution i am BACK
i will send you my email in a private message to see that manual if it worths the trouble