CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

backache

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backache

Hey all,
This is my 3rd season riding and I've noticed my back hurting in the past, but now that I'm riding farther to work each day than before I'm noticing it a lot more. Real bad lower back pain, which I deal with anyway regardless of the bike, but it's making it worse. I've had physical therapy & seen a chiropractor, but insurance doesn't keep paying for that so after a couple months I'm outta there and the pain starts slowly coming back.
Anyone else have this issue before and if so, whats the best remedy? A buddy told me to get slightly raised handlebars and adjustable rear sets, since my legs being cramped kills my knees too. Just seems like the 900 is to short for me, but I love my bike and don't want to sell it so I want to try and adjust whatever I can on it, and myself, to get around this.
Been doing a lot of exercises to try and strenghten my lower back for the last couple months as well. Hell, I have to prop myself up with my left arm across the tank half the time. I wonder if one of those back support straps would work. Looking for the cheapest fix so any place to get rear sets cheap I'd like to know about.
Let me know any ideas! Thanks!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 AM

No comments/ideas? Nothing I can do to adjust the handlebars or anything? It's getting bad, I've actually only rode my bike 3 times this summer because of the backache. If I can't do something about it the bike will be sold and might be replaced with a boat.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM
December 2011 ROTM

Not really sure what to suggest other than what your friend already has. Perhaps you could try some handlebar risers and a different seat. I don't know for sure, but I believe that the Corbin seats actually lower your seating position a little. That, combined with the risers should straighten you out a little.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM

perhaps you should get some risers, or check out helibar.comI think thats it but they might have something for you! Vortex also has adjustable reearsets 500.00 you too can have a set vortexsprockets.com

Last edited by toddmonster; 07-27-2009 at 04:56 PM.