CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

'94 900RR Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '94 900RR Upgrade

Hello,

I'm new to posting on this site, but it seems as though this is the place to go for my question.

I've had a '94 900RR for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, the previous owner hit a deer and took out a headlight, the headlight fairing, and two fairings on the left side. I was going to just replace them, but I decided I really hated the circular headlights.

My question is, are there any newer years of the CBR that would be just a bolt on process? If not, how hard would it be to upgrade the current front fairings to a newer year so I can get rid of those hideous headlights. I'm not looking to replace the tail fairings, just headlights, headlight fairing, and fairings on both sides.

I've been looking around a bit and from what I can tell there are some newer years of the CBR that are relatively close, but I couldn't seem to find any information on what I am trying to do. I'll share some pictures of what I've done so far. Thanks in advance.

Left Side View
Right Side View | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Right Side View
Left Side View | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Headlight Fairing
Headlight Fairing | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Naked Bike
Naked | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sticker Removal
Sticker Removal | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you want to see more photos, here is the link to the entire album:

Flickr: brockanderson1's Photostream

Thanks again.

Last edited by Brock Bumblescum Anderson; 07-20-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of the 'round headlight' models (from 92, an RRN. And before you ask, I'm in the UK where we got them in 92 ...) and think it's the best looking TBH. But each to their own and all that ...

Anyhow, from memory, the 'Foxeye' fairings should be a relatively easy fit ( by Foxeye I mean like this ... http://www.mctrader.com.au/Portals/0...Blade_0057.gif ...) and if you search 'fairing' in this forum there are plenty of threads which have 'some' information on the swap, though you may have to dig about a bit.

TBH you can make anything fit, it's just how much work it'll be.

Cheers

Dave

Old 07-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's fairly easy my man.if you have a 92-94 range bike and want the plastics of a 97, obviously what you have to do is buy the 97 plastics and headlight and try to fit it up..most of the holes are going to line up.. I have lots brackets of different years and I'll take a look at them before I head to work today.but of the top of my head.. they are all very close, meaning, you should be able to reuse everything that's on your bike right now..
But one thing you should Def get right is the headlight..because the headlight bolts onto the plastics. So is you buy a 97 headlight, make sure you buy 97 plastics and that will make the rest of it, so much easier..
Jay

P.s. you need a new chain, that's actually at a point where it looks dangerous.. aside from that, its really easy upgrading the plastics to different years.. I'm actually pretty nostalgic, if I owned your bike,I probably would have kept the shape and only changed the color..

Last edited by jasonchristopher; 07-21-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys!

I do like the foxeye a little better and that does look like the same bracket setup.

As far as the chain, I know haha. That was the main reason I decided to overhaul the whole thing. I needed to fix those plastics, rear tire, and chain and sproket. So I just decided to do it all in one shot.

Thanks again.