Yumyum 09 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to do chain and sprocket while I am at it. If I was not doing that, bike should have been done today. But now I have to wait few more days to get the parts and install.

Mirror. Kinda funny that I still have the GoPro case mounted to the windscreen. That thing never moved for months now.
Name:  006421b7.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  134.4 KB

My custom made powdercoated license plate bracket with Rizoma Zero turn signal with my new plate. Gsxr will have YUMMI1 and my car will have YUMMI
Name:  e2b97be9.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  115.5 KB

Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those custom plates expensive there? They cost a fortune here, if I recall right, around 1000 euros!

Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 AM
August 2011 ROTM

You mean YUMMI2? $5 extra per year

Old 07-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

......wat? If I would want to change my random car plate (xxx-111) to another similiar one (the next available) that would cost me around 11,90e, which is the standard "DMV"-office fee, but if I would like it to spell like MATT-1 or MATTSON, or similiar, that would be round a thousand!

Old 07-12-2012, 03:29 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Something is totally wrong with your country....

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 AM

Sometimes I think any kind of personalisation of specially motor vehicles is generally frowned upon, in fact now that I think of it, I'm not sure have I EVER seen a custom plate in a bike, or is that even possible to grt... I just bought a pressure horn for my truck only to find out they are illegal too (doesn't stop me though, just need to hide a switch somewhere to flip onto the regular one during inspection...) Not a few years ago a cop took the plates from one bike for no apparent reason only cause it was built to a bomber so there MUST be something illegal on it, the guy took it to court cause all the mods were inspected and approved, and tried to sue the cop for official infraction, but the prosecutor decided not to sue. The guy got his plates back but the cop got away with it... Luckily things are getting better every year as bikes are spreading wider, nowadays they focus on decibels and other things such, and might even look HID or a LED light through their fingers (yes, illegal too if not original) if everything else is in order...

Old 07-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what a build.. the bike looks killer!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Sometimes I think any kind of personalisation of specially motor vehicles is generally frowned upon, in fact now that I think of it, I'm not sure have I EVER seen a custom plate in a bike, or is that even possible to grt... I just bought a pressure horn for my truck only to find out they are illegal too (doesn't stop me though, just need to hide a switch somewhere to flip onto the regular one during inspection...) Not a few years ago a cop took the plates from one bike for no apparent reason only cause it was built to a bomber so there MUST be something illegal on it, the guy took it to court cause all the mods were inspected and approved, and tried to sue the cop for official infraction, but the prosecutor decided not to sue. The guy got his plates back but the cop got away with it... Luckily things are getting better every year as bikes are spreading wider, nowadays they focus on decibels and other things such, and might even look HID or a LED light through their fingers (yes, illegal too if not original) if everything else is in order...
That's nuts man. You should move to the states. Although he careful which states. Some are much pickier than others. For instance I live in Massachusetts and motorcycles must be inspected every year. Some shops are pretty lienent others are hard ***** about aftermarket stuff but it's still a pain to get that yearly inspection so I leave my bike registered at my parents address in Connecticut because it required no inspection at all unless your bringing in a bike from another state then it's just a one time deal and your good so aftermarket stuff is easy to get away with.
Besides that there's so many Harley riders with ungodly loud bikes over here that I think the cops just don't care anymore.
And as far as the custom plate that's insane! I don't often see them on bikes but there's lots on cars. You can even buy special plates with like your favorite sports team or charitable cause design on them for less than 100 extra.

Btw sorry for high jacking your thead yum. Your bike looks freaking awesome. Those rims really set it off.

Last edited by gotcbr; 07-12-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts
Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM
August 2011 ROTM

We have safety inspection every year too here. For new car/bike, first inspection after you buy the vehicle is the second year. But after that, it's every year. It gotten very strick here too, because State issues fines on inspection stations for issuing safety check to vehicles that doesn't normally pass. I have one place that I know I can get it. And now one guy from my normal shop said he will give me after it's done. Only thing I have ilegal is front turn signals.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:05 PM

That`s one good thing we don`t have. The official reason is because the riding season is so short the stations would be swamped with the bikes every spring. Personally I think there`s not really need for it anyways, there is very little to none ratbikes that would not pass the inspection other than too loud pipes or illegal lights, almost everyone here service their own bikes or are so loaded they have a winter storage/spring service plan with a local dealer.

Quick Reply: Yumyum 09 rebuild