CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   worst tires ever!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/worst-tires-ever-69851/)

jfunkRR 05-27-2008 02:24 PM

RE: worst tires ever!!

I think the difference is, you see a few of these posts about Dunlops sliding out, whether it's the tire (stock Dunlop or not)or rider error, you NEVER see threads about this with Pilot Powers. Has anyone ever known anyone to have a PP slide out and not known why?

Like I've said in the many other tirethreads, my second insurance policy costs me about $235 a year...it's what I paid for my set of Pilot Powers from www.sportbiketrackgear.com

I've never felt them slip, ever. Sand, small gravel, wet roads....never.
Why take the chance?

jpramondon 05-27-2008 02:50 PM

huumm ... now I get where all the Qualifier stock went when kicked out of Europe:D
no ****e, these tires ruined a whole season of "500cc cup" championship abroad.
Well, I must admit I've never been a big fan of Dunlop, but when I heard of that one I knew I'd stick with my Pirellis :eek:
I'm an experienced racer and been racing amateur races for a couple of years now with Michelin Pilot Sport and Race, Dunlop D208 and D209GP and Pirelli MTR01 and SuperCorsa. Trust me, nof these tires were as grippy, responsive and predictable as the Supercorsa whe leaned at full angle.

But as for anytime we're talking about tires, one will certainly say I'm wrong and that it's a matter of taste ... this an that ... (gripped there, dragged that). I just gave you a racer opinion but this guy would probably be true : one of the most important thing with tires on the road is the way you feel with them.
It's often as simple as this. I stopped making me suffer asking me too much questions about tires choices.

J "2 cents" PR

08Rocker 05-27-2008 03:06 PM

Those tires seem pretty good to me.. Better than the old battlaxe's... I agree with other posts when it was suggested that you do a track day or two. Positioning your body before digging into a corner is key. I came out a lot more confident after my first track experience. But i plan on getting the 2 ct's soon just because theres no question about stickyness with those guys... Anyway sorry to hear about your machine.

Karl 05-27-2008 07:50 PM

Continentals?

1 Attachment(s)
hello guys.... the only thing i know about tires is that they are made of wubber and hold in all the air between your wims...haha

anyways just wondering what you guys thought of Continental tires? I'm thinking of getting them when i have to renew mine. I'm still riding on stock Dunlop Battlax (below)
Attachment 71973

Here's the tire i'm thinking of getting next....Clickety click here...What do you think? :)

mercurysunshine 05-27-2008 09:23 PM

well i wasent going to say anything but since you pushed it again i might as well state my opinion.. i will ride how I want. that why i bought a CROTCH ROCKET!! hence the name. this is not intended for all posters, just the few that are acting like my f-in dad and tellin me that i dont know how to ride. been riding for 20 years and im 26!! not saying that a track day wouldnt benefit but give it a rest people. My life My bike my money. the twisties are my track. ever heard of the tail of the dragon?? is thata track? NO!! but im willing to bet that some of you that lecture people about track days have ripped up the gap a time or two. Nuff said. P.S. stock sportmax qualifiers SUCK!! nuff said again

rolandk 05-27-2008 10:43 PM

The old saying "It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools" applies here.

skical 05-27-2008 11:11 PM

Exactly!

ORIGINAL: rolandk

The old saying "It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools" applies here.

HAVOC 05-28-2008 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: mercurysunshine

well i wasent going to say anything but since you pushed it again i might as well state my opinion.. i will ride how I want. that why i bought a CROTCH ROCKET!! hence the name. this is not intended for all posters, just the few that are acting like my f-in dad and tellin me that i dont know how to ride. been riding for 20 years and im 26!! not saying that a track day wouldnt benefit but give it a rest people. My life My bike my money. the twisties are my track. ever heard of the tail of the dragon?? is thata track? NO!! but im willing to bet that some of you that lecture people about track days have ripped up the gap a time or two. Nuff said. P.S. stock sportmax qualifiers SUCK!! nuff said again
and when you go down it will be more then just your bike and your body that is hurt but your arrogant pride too.

camaro_forums 05-28-2008 02:41 AM

I think this is appropriate

[sm=admin.gif]

Karl 05-28-2008 07:43 AM

i'm staying out of this one :Di'll open a new thread for my question ;)

ok i dont know how to without typing it all up again [&:]nevermind.... haha