worst tires ever!!

Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst tires ever!!

i swear im gonna sue honda for putting the dunlop qualifiers on the new 600RR. these tires are the biggest peices of **** i have ever had. they have slid one my 3 times now and yesterday finally got me. ive been riding since i was 7 years old and know how to warm a tire up. but when a tire slides out on me on a 85 degree day there is deff something wrong. they slid on me on a 50 mph turn. lowsided my brand new graffiti into a guardrail. honda needs to get in good with michelin and put some pilots on the new bikes. luckily i only scratched the sharktooth and the stator cover but if they put quality tires on this bike i would still have a cherry ride.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Default RE: worst tires ever!!

personally, i'm not a fan of the dunlops that come stock, but it seems like the error was on you here. you said that they slid on you previously, not once, but twice, and here you are for #3 still pushing the tires beyond what they are capable of. sorry to hear about your bike and glad to hear you're ok.

Papi

p.s. is it possible that you didn't break the tires in prior to this in order to scrape off the slick oil? i'm just throwing that out there.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:40 AM

That sucks man im still running with the stock tires on my 06 I think they have around 7000 miles on them. (getting new ones next week, they are getting pretty bald). I agree they arent the best tires out there, but I wouldnt blame this soley on the tires.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:43 AM

Dulnop Qualifiers are awesome tires. Never a problem here. Will by another set when the time comes, (looking like they will last 8,000 to 10,000 m.). What air pressure are you running?

Old 05-26-2008, 11:01 AM

the tires have 2000 miles on them so they are not slick anymore. i shouldnt be pushing them like i do i agree with that. but asking around i havent found anyone yet that loves these tires except skical. i would never buy another set of these. your asking for it if you do.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:29 AM

do you check your tire pressure...

Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to clear some things up before you go off bashing Qualifiers.........

The stock OEM Dunlop's aren't "true" Qualifier's. They're just OEM tires with the Qualifier name stamped onto them. But either way, they're stock tires. They are no where near as good as off-the-shelf Qualifer's you can replace them with. Aftermarket Qualifier's have a different formula, tread pattern and feel. I was absolutely floored with the amount of grip I got from aftermarket Qualifier's compared to the stock ones, not to mention how much better and planted the bike felt.

So please actually ride on Qualifier's before you go off bashing them, because you are comparing apples with oranges by comparing the stock Qualifier's with aftermarket Qualifier's.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Qualifiers != a Pilot Power tho lol.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:27 PM

I agree that the STOCK dunlops are not the best. I also had a few unwarranted traction loss incidents with them before I got rid of them. It is not necessarily dunlop as a whole, but rather the stock tires. No stock tire is meant to be ridden like a *****. You need the Michelin man ensuring that every aspect is grade A before you go trying to touch the rims to the pavement.

Honestly though you might have just been overdoing it. If you really want to get into you leans, go with a 55 instead of a 50, and get a race compound tire. Granted they are only effective when they are warm, and they dont lasts more then 2000 miles, they will hold like none other in the proper conditions. The other thing, that was mentioned previously, is pressure. Honda recommends 42 in the front and 36 in the rear, which is awesome for tire life... but way to high if you are going to be doing anything close to extreme. The lower the pressure (while still maintaining proper sidewall rigidity) the more rubber you have on the road. This will maximize grip in those heavy leaners. This statement is only true to a given threshold, but a slightly lower then recommended pressure on the stockies always allows for a lil extra grip.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:32 PM

True. You will notice on the sidewall of the OEM tires that it states: Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers. They are not the touted "Qualifiers" that Dunlop is known for. But, as I stated before... I really like these for overall performance and would not hesitate getting another pair. Just my opinion.
ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I need to clear some things up before you go off bashing Qualifiers.........

The stock OEM Dunlop's aren't "true" Qualifier's. They're just OEM tires with the Qualifier name stamped onto them. But either way, they're stock tires. They are no where near as good as off-the-shelf Qualifer's you can replace them with. Aftermarket Qualifier's have a different formula, tread pattern and feel. I was absolutely floored with the amount of grip I got from aftermarket Qualifier's compared to the stock ones, not to mention how much better and planted the bike felt.

So please actually ride on Qualifier's before you go off bashing them, because you are comparing apples with oranges by comparing the stock Qualifier's with aftermarket Qualifier's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: worst tires ever!!