Why the hell did my bike stalled?...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the hell did my bike stalled?...

so i got off work and start up my bike and revved up to about 6k in first and shift to 2nd and my bike stalled for no reason...so i pulled over freakin' paranoid and tried to start the bike...didn't wanna start...so i gave it a couple of more try and got it start and made it home...WTF!!!
it's a brand new 600RR with 800 miles...did not warm up the bike tho...i usually do but had a bad day at work so i want it to get outta there quick...
am i just trippin'? or is this pretty common?...
thanks guys and have fun riding!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why the hell did my bike stalled?...

Might have been because you didn't warm it up. It's a pretty important thing to do (at minimum, wait until your temp display reads out at 97 at least.) I usually warm it up to 110-120 before I take off.

One similar thing my bike did about a month after I got it was that it didn't start up one morning. It ran great the day before. Parked it overnight in the garage, then the next morning, nothing. It just cranked and cranked. I was pissed. Thought I was going to have to haul it an hour to the dealer to get it checked out. Tried for about 10 minutes and it finally started and sputtered. After about 5 minutes of revving away the spudder, it stoped, and has been fine ever since.

This is what I think it was with my problem: We had really bad rains and flooding, especially around the city where my dealer was. The day before, I went to my dealership to get my oil changed, lube, checkup, etc. I filled up at one of the nearby gas stations, but I didn't take into account that the night before, the city flooded. There was muddy water everywhere. Which lead me to believe I got dirty gas. So sitting overnight allowed the sediment to settle down and clog up my filter.

Don't know if this is relevant to your case, but you never know. You could have filled up with bad gas too.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rarely warm the bike up -- I just take it easy til it gets up to temp. Waiting around idling is just pissin away time in my opinion. Only exception I'd make is on a carbed bike -- the older models won't run worth a flying frack if not warmed up.

On the fuel injected bikes there's some procedure to reset the ECM if it stalls out on ya. Something like WOT and hit the button for 2 seconds then release the throttle and it'll crank. Read your manual for your models specifics.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

I rarely warm the bike up -- I just take it easy til it gets up to temp. Waiting around idling is just pissin away time in my opinion. Only exception I'd make is on a carbed bike -- the older models won't run worth a flying frack if not warmed up.
+1, I highly doubt it's cuz you didn't warm it up. These are fuel injected bikes and don't really need to warm up like carbed bikes. That's why there isn't any need for a choke or anything. Could be just a freak thing. I'd take it in and have it checked though since it's a brand new bike and should still be under warranty.