Why do so many dealers jack the bike prices?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do so many dealers jack the bike prices?

I don't know what I'm talking about??

Ok, here's another Honda dealer in Tenn. 2006 Honda CBR 600rr $7,577 out the door price.

The reason you have to pick up the bike in Tenn. American Honda Motorcycle has protected territories. They are not defined by zip code but by state. Dealers are in violation of their Honda motorcycle contract if they ship to a state other than the one they reside.

Yes, Honda has strict rules as do all major motorcycle manufacturers to maintain the brand name and reputation.

Please read my original post. I indicated that most riders are complete idiots, thus causing the significant increase in prices paid by customers.

Here is the second link to a second motorcycle dealership offering true out the door pricing.

http://www.ritchiepowersports.com/honda_motor.php

I'm doing this for my own Karma. I believe in helping even the idiots who attack my intelligence.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:54 AM

Ok, here's another Honda dealer in Tenn. 2006 Honda CBR 600rr $7,577 out the door price.
wow, it's like i know exactly where you're talking about! the credibiility of your research is ASTOUNDING! i could rant all day about this sort of thing and pull equaly impressive numbers out of my ***. Here, LOOK:

HONDA CBR600RR Wisconsin OTD+TTL $6799 ON SALE

I indicated that most riders are complete idiots, thus causing the significant increase in prices paid by customers.
Unless you give me irrefutable proof that one has ANYTHING to do with the other, i'm not beliveing a word of it, IT'S THAT REDICULOUS.

Here is the second link to a second motorcycle dealership offering true out the door pricing.

http://www.ritchiepowersports.com/honda_motor.php
what?! That's not OTD pricing there champ, that's THEIR price, the Ritchie Power Sports (or RPS) price. send them an e-mail about OTD price on the 06 CBR and see what they say.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM

Don't forget that if you don't live in the state that you are buying the bike, you will pay your state taxes on it when you get it registered. If I buy a bike in Tennessee, it is their OTD price + 6.25% tax + Gas + Time. It only comes to a couple hundreds of dollars cheaper if I buy out of state.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:28 PM

Of course you have to pay sales tax in the state which you reside. However, the prices that most people are paying are well above MSRP + sales tax and licensing. I have talked with both of these two dealerships already.

My conundrum is using my frequent flier miles to fly out ot Tenn. and ride the bike 2500 miles or pay to have it shipped. Either way, it's still thousands cheaper than buying in Washington.

Sounds like someone doesn't like the results of my research because somebody got hosed by a bike shop.