CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Bike jack

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bike jack

i been reading that bike jacks are not the way to go with our bike so i aside from the stands is there anyway i could use a car jack to lift up the bike. i need to get my front tire off. damn vavle stem is leaking.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:51 AM

You have several options here:

1. Put the bike on its center stand. Tie the bike down on the rear (effectively lifting the front). This is a good solution, but it requires you have something solid and heavy on ground level to attach the tie-down too.

2. Hoist the front, from the tripple trees or similar. Use something solid to hoist the front up from (like a column/beam in a garage).

3. It is possible to jack the bike up from underneath. I have done so successfully in the past. Be careful though as you risk destroying the farings and exhaust. I recommend you take of the side fairing and use a wide wooden beam/plank as support when you jack it up.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 AM

One more question since i dont have a center stand and i cant hoist the bike in the air, so im left down to two options and i am kindof worried about jacking it up about the oil pan. ive seen a couple swingarm stand front and rear, would that allow me enough room to get the front tire off?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your best option is to buy a set of stands, a universal swingarm stand that does not require spools and uses paddles instead. And the front stand should be the type that lifts from the bottom triple clamp, not below the fork legs.

The front stand I have has adapters for different triple clamps but none fit the F2 so I can either slide the appropriately sized deep socket onto an existing adapter or machine my own adapter.

Having these stands will allow you to do virtually every bit of service you'll ever need. I estimate a set will cost you about $150 new, less if you can find used.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I almost went crazy trying to come up with a way to get the wheels off the ground as safely and inexpensively as possible. After a few kicks against a wall a few packs of smokes it came to me. Use two tables on either side of the bike and run a 2x4 (for the front) under the triple tree and (for the back) throught the framework under the seat. (Fairings are removed for this). I used the party tables you can rent , but any thing stable and strong will work. Maybe even two ladders. Run the 2x4 under the tree and over the table and then LIFT and place on the other table. An assistant to move the second table is helpful but I was able to move the table with my foot while I lifted 2x4. Hope this helps. BTW, pad the tops of the tables if you want to keep them dent free.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

i left my bike on the jack over night and the jack went down realllllllyyyyy slowwwww and made my bike fall over ..... lesson is dont leave it on just a jack for too long of a time

Old 07-12-2009, 11:54 PM

will this work for our type of bikes?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT...A1%7C72%3A1171

Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, but it will not allow you to do any work on the forks... Basically just front wheel servicing

Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, don't buy a front stand like that. I have one and they suck because like Hershey said, it is limited to front whee/brake servicing.

As for jacking, this is kind of ghetto but it worked when I had to do my suspension. I used ratchet straps on each side of the bike to keep it secure it while centered up, rear or front stand to keep it steady front to back, then used a car jack on the headers to lift it up.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 AM

Hey i only wanna get the front tire off and i dont understand how to use the car jack on the headers. so im just looking for something to get that tire off. i dont plan on having the bike to much longer i just need to get the valve stem fixed. can you explain the car jack method in more detail,how do i balance the bike with the car jack under the headers? Hershey do u have a pic of the jack that you recommend?

Quick Reply: Bike jack