What type of security?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What type of security?

if you really love your bike and want to protect it i think lojack is the best thing to get for obvious reasons. and they now have a motion sensor where you have a key code or some **** and if it gets moved without the code theyll notify you in some way like a page, or a call. not to mention if it does get taken the cops can get it back. but that and a disc lock i think will do good. the the disc lock to stall them and the lojack to get em. i dont know how much it costs though. but when i get a new bike ill be looking into it

Old 10-06-2005, 04:30 PM

hey whats up? i dont know if anyone ever got back to you about the scorpio alarm. i have them on both my hondas and it has saved the bikes twice now. i dont know how much you know about the system, but i did my homework and researched every alarm on the market ... here in the us and abroad. i can honestly tell you .. the scorpio system is unlike anything bikes had ever had offered to them before. most people just look at options like.. perimeter sensor, tilt sensor, shock sensor..etc.....however the technology behind how the scorpio ones work is truely unique. let meknow if you would like to know and i can share with you all i know. also i know somone who works for them and i'm sure they can offer a break to you...

Old 10-06-2005, 04:45 PM

i keep mine in the garage with my dad's harley and his truck (man i love living home still, dont worry im still in college) so i think its pretty safe in there. I say if someone wants it then they can have it, all the more reason for me to get a new one

Old 10-06-2005, 05:33 PM

hello to all i would just like to say im a noob and am pickin up my first bike on saturday (600 rr) and thought about this alot already
first thing park bike in the parking space next to my car

second(run a small wire along the cable and ruberise the cable run a low currnet through it that if is broken at night while i sleep will set off an alarm but only in my room

third thing is cryptonite cable through wheels and frame of the bike

finally run it through the frame of my car at night if they cut the wire, the circuit is broken the alarm is tripped grab AR-15 and run out to deter them from ever coming back

Old 10-06-2005, 05:43 PM

I can tell that you've thought about it alot tweak. My main concern though, which I vaguely specified is when I'm at work, or just plain out and about. When its at home I do keep it in the garage. But really, thanks for the input.

Interested to see what you got to say about the scorpion alarm though arj.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: arj1973

however the technology behind how the scorpio ones work is truely unique. let meknow if you would like to know and i can share with you all i know. also i know somone who works for them and i'm sure they can offer a break to you...
arj1973

Yes, please tell us what you can about the Scorpio. Also find out what your buddy can do as far as pricing.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:08 PM

numchucks?!?! MuaHAhAHHAHAhAhaHH

THAT my friends is some funny **** right there... You pretty good with a bow-staff too Napolean? Gimme some of your tots... Gosh... frikking idiot.

My security? PA Concealed Weapons permit, it's garaged, and protected with a 12 gauge, .40 S&W, AR-15, and many more, pick your poison... but serious, if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. You could always hook 1/2 of an extension chord to it, and if someone touches it, they become the ground and complete the circut.

Don't try that at home, you didn't get that from me. Not sure if it would harm the bike of not, so don't try it... not to mention the smoking pile of criminal you would have to explain to the local authorities.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:27 AM

Nothing beats having your bike in a well lit area with dogs if you don't have a garage.

If the crooks want the bike they'll snip a cable and toss your bike in the back of a van or a truck. An audio alarm will be screaming away in the back of a van until they disable it and they don't care if they scratch your pretty bike because they're going to tear it down and part it out on Ebay.

My point, if they want it, they'll take it...

Old 10-08-2005, 12:05 PM

You could try using a bike cover if you have to keep it outside overnight. That will probably keep you under the radar of opportunistic thieves out there but if they've been casing your place (and your bike) it's only a matter of time. I've also known people to remove their plastic to make it less appealing, but if you don't look good, what's the point?

Old 10-10-2005, 11:42 PM

Use common sense, situational awareness, or lojack, and a really good one.....insurance. Tie a dog close to your bike also might help. Later