CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

security?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security?

should i worry about my cbr getting stolen? im not in a bad area buti just bought it and i get that way. would it be hard to steal one? has anyone heard of a caliper alarm? do they work? any suggestions?

Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Default RE: security?

should i worry about my cbr getting stolen? im not in a bad area buti just bought it and i get that way. would it be hard to steal one?
You really don't want an answer to this question. It could make youm lose sleep at night.
I've seen caliper locks just not ones with alarms built in. You can buy an alarm for it but I think there worthless. Just the same three guys can roll up, pick up your bike, throw it in the back of a truck/van, and drive away with it while the alarm is still going off.I've had two cars and a bike stolen from me and IMO if somebody really wants your **** their gonna take it. The best theft protection for your bike is putting theft/ full coverageon your bike.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 AM

i keep my bike in my living room, so i picked up a BAD habit of leaving my key in my bike. i have done it at the track, restaurants,work, everywhere.... it sucks...but has never gotten stolen... although alot of people in my club like to mess with me and take my keys on me...

i was thinking about getting a alarm...probably should...

Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 AM

I worry about mine also. It would be so easy to do. The fork locks are a joke, caliber locks and alarms are jokes. Noone pays a damn bit of attention to alarms.

I ride mine to work but it is always in sight. Still worry about it.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:54 PM

I got bindels bad habit too. It scares the ****ake out of me everytime I walk up and I see my key sticking out of the damn ingition. yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 PM

i got the cheapest security you could get... a bike that no one would want. cept for someone that knows their stuff. c untill i get it looking sexy again im a little more safe...

Old 02-20-2007, 11:14 PM

rcd 33, i think ur wrong, u dont kno how sexy ur bike looks, theres folks out there that want exactly that, im in street fighter status myself, gettin uppers painted

Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM

Yeah i had a '94 same paint scheme as you. First bike, it was older, i thought " Ehh no one will steal an older bike, there are other better ones.." Yeah it got stolen. Granted it was out of my apartment complex, which was a bad place for it to be. All i can say is invest in full coverage/theft for the bike, it was a good deal.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 PM

maybe so. but i still at least want my tank to look good. i like the streetfighter look also. its also the cheapest way to go!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:19 AM

If you live in an apartment...put it inside.

If you have a garage...

Me?

I lock the bike up both at the steering column and put a disc lock through the front brake disc.

My garage has a metal door...that makes a lot of noise if you try and open it. It's crossed braced....just thin between the braces so that if you move
or touch the metal...it tends to flex like a beer can and is as loud as a garbage truck.

This door is also padlocked.

I then park a car in front of the aforementioned door.

A thief would have to break into the car....start it...back it up in the driveway.

Then pick the padlock...

Then open the noisy door...bust the steering lock...etc. etc.

I sleep right next to the garage...with a loaded 12 guage auto and a 9mm.

I also have neighbors with dogs.

These dogs bark at anything...sometimes seems they even bark at the sun.

In the state where I live...it is legal to kill someone to protect your property.

I wouldn't hesitate a millisecond to end that thief's career.

Quick Reply: security?