Went down thurday night.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Went down thurday night.

I have the black bottom, lower fairings if you need those.

Oh yeah, glad to hear you made it uninjured.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Motorcycle Accident is scary. Glad you are okay.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:25 PM

Do the 2004 OEM mirrors fit on your bike? If they do, I may have a set laying around somewhere...

PM me if your interested, and of course, I'll have to find them and they are probably not in brand new shape, but good enough to use.

Any accident you walk away from is a good one. My boy hit me on my bike Memorial Day, and I dismounted when I ran out of road and landed on my feet. He went inverted over the bars and landed on the road, and his bike then hit him. I am fine, but he has a broken hip in two spots. Talk about mixed emotions, I am glad I didn't get hurt but I feel for my boy ...sucks bad.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:06 PM

Blue Fox- I'm interested in the lower fairing. What side is it and how much are ya gonna want?

jfunkRR- Thanks on the mirrors but my roommate had the ones he took of his bike so I'm set with those. Thanks again tho!

I definatly earned more respect for my bike as a result of this. Even tho it wasn't my fault I learned alot. How fast things can go wrong even at "slow" speeds and how much power really is in a 600. If your not ready for it the power that can come unleashed can be scary actually. Twisting the throttle that 1/4 of a inch can make that much of a differance to the out come of a accident. Since the accident my riding has changed. I realized something I hadn't really thought of before and I really should have. I used to ride fast just cause I could and I figured if I got hurt (or killed) as a result it was my fault for being stupid. Well, when at 30mph when someone pulls out in front of you and you can do nothing about it except lay the bike down it changes your perspective. Riding can be dangerous enough, theres no need to make it more dangerous by being reckless. Call me a wimp or a what ever but I learned at lot and have the privlage of walking away unscratched and I chose to learn from the experiance. I'm 20 years old and I would like to live alot longer and riding stupid doesn't help my chances.

I wasn't wearing my jacket at the time of the accident. I always wear a helmet, boots, jeans, and gloves. Had I gone down harder the jacket would have helped alot. While I didn't get hurt this time. If it happens again I want to be prepared. All I can say is wear the gear, A accident doesn't have to be your fault to hurt or kill you.

I guess I could preach this stuff but untill it happenes its hard to understand.