Default RE: Went down thurday night.

Hope you told him the bill was heading his way

Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HIspeedLOWdrag

ORIGINAL: heybuddy1901

man that sucks.

i went down last sunday. black '07 as well, and about a month and a half old... coincidence?

anyways. i had sliders so only 1 piece got nicked really bad and one had minor damage.
i got my parts from servicehonda.com they have the best prices around that ive seen.

check out ebay too, theres usually a few good deals to be found on new parts as well as slightly used ones..

oh and btw. did your mirror break off? cause mine did >.<
yup, It broke the mirror off...lol. It did'nt break at the fairing just on the rod that holds it. But in Louisiana all you need is one mirror on the left side so I'm good for alittle while

The driver of the car told me that he was looking for his softball glove and didn't realize he swerved in to my lane. I was able to miss the car I just leaned so far to the left that by the time I got the bike to come back over ( had to give it throttle to get it back upright, so I ended up speeding up) I just ran out of road so I went in the ditch which I was pretty sure was gonna happen from the start. I tried to save it though.

LOL same as mine.. those. damn things are expensive! i got mine from servicehonda for like $43.
im running no mirrors till next week when parts come in since i hardly use them anyways

but yeah like i said before
check prices here.

www.hondaparts-direct.com
www.servicehonda.com

and see what they are charging, then compare to ebay prices.

and softball? WTF? anyone else see the problem here?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it! Good thing you can still walk and talk.
RB

Old 05-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Well there where a few factors that would make it hard for me to makehim foot the bill. I didn't have an endorsment yet, its a brand new bikesothe insurace co. gave me2 weeks to get theendorsment while they still insured me,so if we called the cops I would get a ticket for not having an endorsment. I have insurace but its already high enough the last thing I want is a claim. I didn't hit him and he didn't hit me so the cops around here are going to see it as my fault cause I have no way to prove that he swerved in to my lane. Even if he saidit was his fault,its gonna be tough to get his insurace company to pay for the damages that he "didn't" do. I don't know how it works else where, but around here if there is no physical evidance your pretty much screwed. I live inLouisiana sothelaw inforcement and politcal system is somewhat screwy.Had I been in a car I just would have side swiped him so it would have been his fault. On a bike my options are limited seeing as I really didn't want to get hurt.

I'm not really worried as to who has to pay for what. I'm just glad I'm still alive for that to be a problem I have to deal with. As much as its sucks for me, I would gladly pay for my bike to be fixed then to be dead or a human vegitable. I'm a firefighter so I know first hand how bad an accident can be even at a low speed.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: HIspeedLOWdrag

Well there where a few factors that would make it hard for me to makehim foot the bill. I didn't have an endorsment yet, its a brand new bikesothe insurace co. gave me2 weeks to get theendorsment while they still insured me,so if we called the cops I would get a ticket for not having an endorsment. I have insurace but its already high enough the last thing I want is a claim. I didn't hit him and he didn't hit me so the cops around here are going to see it as my fault cause I have no way to prove that he swerved in to my lane. Even if he saidit was his fault,its gonna be tough to get his insurace company to pay for the damages that he "didn't" do. I don't know how it works else where, but around here if there is no physical evidance your pretty much screwed. I live inLouisiana sothelaw inforcement and politcal system is somewhat screwy.Had I been in a car I just would have side swiped him so it would have been his fault. On a bike my options are limited seeing as I really didn't want to get hurt.

I'm not really worried as to who has to pay for what. I'm just glad I'm still alive for that to be a problem I have to deal with. As much as its sucks for me, I would gladly pay for my bike to be fixed then to be dead or a human vegitable. I'm a firefighter so I know first hand how bad an accident can be even at a low speed.
Well spoken Hi. As riders we need to be aware of everything around us including those idiots that like to come in our lane and run us over. Some times we have to choose life over our bikes and in my book thats an easy decision.

My advice would be to sign up for your Local MSF course and get that endorsement under your belt just so you're covered.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:52 PM

Thanks crash,
Ihave the endorsment, I realized that I said Thurday night I ment to say Tuesday night, sorry about that. I just hadn't gotten it yet because of working I wasn't able to get to the DMV untill Wednesday which was the day after the accident.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:52 PM

glad to hear your ok. sorry about the bike. your making him pay for the damage right?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 PM

i feel you bro.. i went down in april and broke my ankle.. just recently got back into riding and its completely different. I've got a lot of confidence back but i'm more aware now.. and unfortunately some things take experience to learn from. I'm glad your alright and take it easy when you get back into it. I imagine you were wearing gear.. i was too except my damn boots.. last time i will ever ride with out boots. Glad you and your bike are alright

Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 AM

dang man sorry it happens but glad you were able to walk away.
you can replace a fairing/bike can't replace a YOU,

Old 06-03-2008, 03:14 AM

glad your ok, but now that this has happened, use it. there are two kinds of riders, riders that have been down and riders that are going down. if you dont put yourself in that first category, you will, will, go down again.

as soon as you loose respect for your bike, it demands it back, whether its cuz you werent paying attention, go to fast, act like a squid, or just not your fault(been there man) you bike is an egomaniac and demands respect. give it to it and you should be ok.

Quick Reply: Went down thurday night.