Volcom's 07 600RR Rebuild - Near Completion

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oska
the bike wont start without water it's a safety feature
if the 07 is like the 03 the bike with defiantly start with no water at all. :O so be careful and don't forget to put water in.

as for not priming, my money is on head lights or BAS, I am pretty sure you either need the BAS on there or by pass it for the bike to run. could be the same with lights since bike legally have to have lights. I have never done it. I doubt the service manual would tell you how to by pass those safty features but it might point you in the right direction.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 AM

oh and great work, I am defiantly jealous of you track beast.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:02 PM

I've been watching this project unfold.. I cant wait to see the finish product.. Keep up the good work man.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cbrsix
I've been watching this project unfold.. I cant wait to see the finish product.. Keep up the good work man.
preciate it mang! yea 2 more days until i can go to the garage and fit up the race fairings, my dad is gonna meet me there to help me, then hes gonna take the fairings back home for paint! got my sponsership decals in yesterday and they look great, along with "BUDDY" in chrome tattoo text to go on the back of my helmet, my dad has always called me Buddy....

yea Gville, im gonna work with the BAS to see if its at fault for the bike not starting, well see, hopefully thats it, something simple, and not another sensor thats way out in left field, ahhh technology!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brother, I wish I had the mechanical nack to do something like this. Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep the pics coming.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by volcomrr
preciate it mang! yea 2 more days until i can go to the garage and fit up the race fairings, my dad is gonna meet me there to help me, then hes gonna take the fairings back home for paint! got my sponsership decals in yesterday and they look great, along with "BUDDY" in chrome tattoo text to go on the back of my helmet, my dad has always called me Buddy....

yea Gville, im gonna work with the BAS to see if its at fault for the bike not starting, well see, hopefully thats it, something simple, and not another sensor thats way out in left field, ahhh technology!

Im 100% that the bike will not start without the head light being hooked up or bypassed

Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Freak*06RR
Im 100% that the bike will not start without the head light being hooked up or bypassed
thanks for the help dude, but im 100% sure that the bike will start without the headlight being hooked up, well at least that was the case for my 05' 600RR, and I dont think that would have changed for the 07'.... I raced my 05' all last season and had all of the lights disconnected and it started up like a champ

did some wiring change between the 05' to the 07' that im missing? Can anyone confirm this?

Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 PM

So I met my dad at my gf's house today to give him my race fairings for paint. So we started to tinker around with the bike a little.... and 1 hr, a supper break, and another half hour later I figured out why the bike wouldn't start!

2 Reasons:
1) Remember the code 18 I said the MIL was flashing, well thats the code for the CMP, and guess what? yea, the cmp wires were cut in half (which is on the side of the impact from the wreck) The only reason I never saw it was because it has a thick rubber insulator around it, but after wiggling it a little, the wires fell out, so I got two connectors and connected the wires back together.

From here I tried to start the bike, fuel pump didn't prime so no go. I connected the green and brown wires of the dummy connector, and the MIL wasn't flashing, ok, so the CMP Sensor was fixed.

So the bike wouldn't start, and I really wanted it to start, so I manually jumped the fuel pump power line to another power line, turned it on, and what do you know, she fired right up like a champ! But I didn't want to leave the fuel pump "jumped" all the time so I had to figure out what was wrong. I started to mess with the kill switch, and then got the service manual out and it said to check for continuity, in which I did and there wasn't any whether the switch was on or off....

2) I took the kill switch apart, and got a screw driver out and gently bent the kill switch to where it would touch the wire when it was in the on position. Put the kill switch back on the bike and ROXANNE FIRED UP THE CORRECT WAY! AHHHH! Im so stoked! My fairings are on the way home with my dad to get some coats of paint!

Im so glad that the bike started, I was getting worried that I wasn't gonna get it to start before my first race! haha, 1 month and 9 more days till race day!

oh yea, got the tire mounted today on the "newer" rim.... took 2.5oz to balance out because of a rash spot on the rim, so Im gonna look around for a rim from now until then!

Ill post pics of the finished product in 2 weeks!

Me givin Roxanne a little gas and feelin some exhaust
Name:  13-02-09_2021.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  50.9 KB

Last edited by volcomrr; 02-13-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:03 PM

She's aliiiiive!!! MuaHAHAHAHA!!! Good job man. I know that feeling when you finally get to hear the beast's heart beating.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 PM

haha, thanks Woody.... my fairings are being painted this week, and im loading the bike up to go home and see my dad. I didn't think i was gonna get to bring it home but I am and were gonna finish putting her together and she'll be race ready come saturday night! Pics to come on Sunday when I get back!!!!

Quick Reply: Volcom's 07 600RR Rebuild - Near Completion