Volcom's 07 600RR Rebuild - Near Completion

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What service manual are you referencing? Is this something you can get directly from Honda or is it similar to a Chiltons?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AwesomeBill
What service manual are you referencing? Is this something you can get directly from Honda or is it similar to a Chiltons?
its the honda service manual

Old 01-31-2009, 07:51 PM

AHHHHH just had this whole thing typed out, and I hit the back button! urghh lets start over.... so in the past two days Ive had a lot of progress, 5hrs of work yesterday and 9hrs. today.... so I dont feel like writting all of the info back out, so Ill just post some pics and edit later:

Name:  DSC01327.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  DSC01329.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  DSC01330.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  DSC01331.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  DSC01332.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  77.5 KB

BUT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM: when I turn the ignition switch on as well as the kill switch being on the fuel pump should prime, but its not. The only wire that isn't connected is the altenator, because the wires to it are frayed.... I don't have the headlight or the turnsignal wires connected to anything, which that shouldn't make a difference. The gauges work as they should, light up, and the tach goes from 0-15k-0.

Some things I did check:
Bank angle sensor and kill switch

The radiator isn't on there as well as the fan, but once again I dont think the fan would have anything to do with the fuel pump not priming

Last edited by volcomrr; 01-31-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Scared of hitting the back button again
Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 PM

Race fairings, forks, tripples and front rim are here, gonna put the front end on today and hopefully work out why the fuel pump isn't priming!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 PM

She's starting to take shape and look good. Keep up the hard work and keep posting up the pictures, you're an inspiration to us "wannabe's" to dream of doing it.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 PM

the bike wont start without water it's a safety feature

Old 02-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by oska
the bike wont start without water it's a safety feature
has anybody else ever heard of this!

Ill take some more pictures this upcoming friday when Im fitting up the race fairings, got so caught up in trying to figure out what was wrong with the fuel pump not priming i didn't think about taking pictures.... but the newer straight front end is on except for the newer wheel because I havn't got a tire mounted on it yet.... clipons are on as well as the new brake lever, waiting on a couple of screws to put the new clutch perch on with the clutch lever, then ill put the clutch cable on.... just waiting to get through another week of school before I can start tinkering again

SIDE NOTE: Make sure the fuel tank's quick connect is connect before you manually jump the fuel pump, you'll get peed on, and your jeans will stink with gasoline! hahahahaha dope!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Keep it up Volcom. The 2nd pic of the bike on this page makes it hard to believe it's an RR. Kinda looks like a chopper in that pic.

Need any plastics? I have some rashed ones (white/silver)? Name the price...

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by WoodyRR
Keep it up Volcom. The 2nd pic of the bike on this page makes it hard to believe it's an RR. Kinda looks like a chopper in that pic.

Need any plastics? I have some rashed ones (white/silver)? Name the price...
thanks Woody,
actually the front end was just "sitting" in the frame because it was the damaged front end and I didn't wanna put all of the upper tripple stuff on cause I would have to take it right back off.... so the damaged forks are angled a little more because the lock nut or bearings weren't on in that pictures, but i do have the new front end on now....

thanks for the offer on the fairings, Im actually sending off my race fairings this friday to be painted, so i'll pass.... hope you can find a buyer for 'em.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Ahh, I'd figure I'd throw that out there in case you needed anything. I just realized that MONSTER fan you have in your garage...geez!!!

Quick Reply: Volcom's 07 600RR Rebuild - Near Completion