Turbo/Supercharged 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo/Supercharged 600rr

ORIGINAL: nizmo

why do people spend so much fixing up their car (me included), because its a hobby, and It is what we want to spend our money on. but that is alot of money when I could buy a 1000rr but then you sacrafice handling due to weight
you are right, and wrong. i agree that a totally custom 600 would be more impressive (to me) than a stock 1000. big plus for fixing up the 600. but you couldn't be further from the truth on your 1000rr bad handling thoughts. why do you think the 1000rr is a bad handling bike???

and the bike may be fast enough to some of you, but not to me. plus if it was fast enough why are you buying exhaust, power commander etc..because you want it faster..
alot of people buy the exhaust for the sound and then the power commander to make the bike run right for the new exhaust.

as far as the customization list, forget it. you obviously need a new bike. because if you can truely outride your 600rr then you need a rc211v. ill be looking for you battling it out with rossi and hayden on speed channel in the near future.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:49 AM

in all honesty i respect everyone opinions on here, and yes I can ride pretty well im not the best nor the worst on a bike. But im not saying the 1000 is bad (thats a relative term), but look at any bike shoot out and alot of the times you see the 600's making beter lap times because they are lighter and easier to control. so its bad in a relative term, but no doubt its a power house...but just because you can ride a bike to the max doesnt mean you can be a pro racer, I go to scca and run top times in my class with very underpowered cars(stock 1985 corolla)(stock 1984 300zx)but youll never see me racing f1....and that is a good point about the exhaust, and the power commander but I know alot of people do it for the performance end too, no one pays hundreds to thousands of dollar for sound if there were no performance gains ya know.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Retired Mod

i see what you're saying, but i must apologize. it came across in your above post that you were talking down the 1000rr's abilities and talking up your ability to outride your bike. my post probably came across rather rude because i think i misunderstood you. sorry.

and i agree that alot of people can ride a 600 faster than they can ride a liter bike, especially on certain tracks. i think that the performance gains that you are looking for can be found for a relatively reasonable price. i would first buy a high-quality light weight full exhaust system with a very high flowing air filter. combine that with a power commander and dyno tuning and you should have a bike that performs to your liking. another option would be a gearing change. maybe even a 520 conversion (to eliminate some rotating mass=allows engine to rev quicker) and maybe even some lighter weight wheels. and don't forget to either set-up your factory suspension or upgrade to a better performing set-up. proper suspension tuning will decrease lap times more than you think.

i would definately advise against turbo or supercharging. the power would be too on/off for consistent lap times and the street manners would be unbearable (all my opinion, of course.) if you should feel the need for more power i would definately recommend an engine build up over bolt on items. you may want to contact metalscorpio (sorry for putting you on the spot!) he has a very nicely built all-motor 1000rr and might be able to give you some direction if you should decide to tear into the engine. good luck.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:16 AM

nizmo. I'm sure you can push the motor to much more... I've seen SAE formula teams pull the restrictor off there motors (pretty well built 600cc with custom intake, exhaust, high comp. pistons, rods, crank, cams, engine management (motul)) and push them to the 140's with minimal engine tuning... yeah it's a lot of money. The real problem your going to run in to with all of this stuff is reliability... you can't possibly run a 14:1 compression ratio and expect the motor to last for 12000 miles... just wont happen.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:11 PM

again thanks for all the replies..and nine2nine its all good, I assumed you took my post the wrong way (I would have to now that I have re-read it). I guess ill do the basic mods like most people and be happy... Ive never owned a honda before but I love it, so Ill do those mods and see where I stand..ohh also whats a 520 conversion(may be a noob question but hey Im not a mechanic, just a rider.)

Old 04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Speaking of this-----i was told that the new R6 has 140hp-----WTF????

Is this true? And if it is, why havent i heard more about it? That's 750 territory!
-Adam

Old 04-13-2006, 07:59 PM

do you race your motorcycle at the track or just cars......?

Old 04-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Retired Mod

ohh also whats a 520 conversion(may be a noob question but hey Im not a mechanic, just a rider.)
its just a conversion to a narrower chain and sprockets. they weigh less and it takes less power to turn them so more power is transfered to the ground (less power lost in the drivetrain) and it also revs quicker.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 PM

sweet...Ive only taken the bike to the drag track cuzz here in houston its very hard to get on the track..so Ive just taken my cars..Not to say I dont know some super hard and fun rodas here. I want to go to texas motorsports ranch but its 16,000$ just to be a member .

Old 04-13-2006, 11:56 PM

the new r6 does not have 140 hp.. it's like 125 @ the crank... which is 110-115 @ the wheels

Quick Reply: Turbo/Supercharged 600rr