Turbo/Supercharged 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Oh my god I just responded to a 4 year old thread, and quite heatedly as well....

I'm going back to the Off Topic section now
I was about to give my input as well, glad you told me it was a 4 year old tread. Kind of fun to read the rediculous answers though. Turbos aren't as difficult as people think they are, I do then on gsxr's quite often. Johnnyh

Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyh
I was about to give my input as well, glad you told me it was a 4 year old tread. Kind of fun to read the rediculous answers though. Turbos aren't as difficult as people think they are, I do then on gsxr's quite often. Johnnyh
Hahah glad I could take one for the team amigo -

well CU.FormulaSAE has some legitimate recent questions so maybe you could give him some tips if you've done it before, so its still relevent. but yes there are some pretty oddball responses in this thread. certainly worth a read.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123
Well considering superchargers are belt driven they arent an option right from the get go plus theyre probably too parasitic on such a small engine to be even worth the time or money. Plenty have people have turbo'ed 600s or at least other bikes for that matter. Im not sure how many turbo kits their are for 600s or any other motorcycle so i think most of the plumbing would have to be custom. Itd require new intake and exhaust manifolds, new injectors im assuming with how much r&d honda puts into their bike motors to perform at their peak, obviously a power commander with a new map which would go along with correcting timing and everything. Youd probably have to adjust your spark plug gapping as well. If you want to do the work or spend the money good luck and the more power to you. Im sure wed all be interested to see the results if you take that route.
thanks. for now it's really just an idea since we were given that turbo from Borg Warner. As far as all the custom work (intake, exhaust, etc.) we do that anyways. We always make our own intake manifold, throttle body, and all that good stuff due to the restrictions that I mentioned, we can't have any larger than a 20mm intake, I believe the stock one is 38mm. We are also working on fabricating our own set of equal length headers and we always run an Autronic ECU from Australia that we program ourselves. Basically what I'm saying is we do that anyways.

thanks for the responses guys, and sorry for the confusion with it being a 4 year old thread. I just didn't wanna come in as the new guy starting a thread about something that get's covered all the time (the Toyota Tundra forum I'm on gets it all the time "what lift should i get" "what size tires can i run" etc.)

Old 02-01-2011, 09:30 AM

I think the guy meant, when a team removes their 20mm restrictor hes seen them put big numbers... for fun after comp.... but anyways, I;m also involved in FSAE and I wanted to go turbo, I think it would be easy and a good way to get at least stock power by forcing air through the restrictor, however my team wants to go NA so... there goes my tire smoking turbo dreams lol.... just make sure your turbo is small, and gear it low to keep it in boost all the time