Top Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Speeds

I love these threads!!!!
So it goes like this--
I had a revelation just today that maybe my bike would go faster if I rode in the snow, you know it would keep the tires cooler, 'cause last time I did a top speed run, man, my tires melted right off from the blazin' speed, and I ended up losing control. . .almost ran over a kid roller blading on main street.
So I shaved every bit of hair off my body to improve aerodynamics, and climbed on to my bike butt naked. The snow had already started coming down pretty hard by around 2:00 today, so I let the bike warm up a bit, and had some heat radiating up to me from the engine.
I pulled out of my driveway, and slid sideways to avoid a snow plow. I could tell it was working--what I lost in initial traction control, I was able to make up in top speed: the tires weren't melting! Uh, oh--another plow, and no time to stop! I pulled the front end up, and ramped up on the blade right over the plow truck, motocross style, complete with a front flip/superman combo. I landed at 150 mph, then grabbed a fistful of throttle--time to get serious. I saw 180, 190, 215. . .235. . .time to slow down, I'm running out of road. . .
So I turned around and headed back home for some hot cocoa. . .

Old 12-13-2007, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: Bravo Four

...what I hate is when these turn into a moral/ethical debate when the TS asked a simple question. Simply post your 3 digits and save the moral rhetoric

Anyways, I did 175, but my wife beater rippedso Ihad to ease back on the throttle
Problem is that these sorts of things give everyone who owns a sport bike a bad name. It's also bad etiquette not to search because this thread has to be one of 150 I've seen in my short time here.

You talk of the moral rhetoric but make a wife beater comment. I can not tell if you are serious you were wearing a wife beater. Please, enlighten me.
He's joking but i don't know why he put the first part in.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 PM

Figured I'd get a lot of flames. Lots of haters out there.
Anyway, I do appreciate the people that posted relevant info to the question.
And if you guys had read my post you would see that I did a search but didn't find much relating to newer 600s.
Also, I do realize that the speedo is off. I guess I should amend the question to ask what top speed have you reached on you're display. Obviously, if I had a GPS I would have given an exact number.
Keep those numbers coming, not the hate.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:50 PM

Its not haters, its people with an IQ. Not saying we dont speed, but do it where there are minimal factors for error, i.e. track. Thats all. Most just have a since of reguard. Thats all

Old 12-13-2007, 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: chris99

Figured I'd get a lot of flames. Lots of haters out there.
Anyway, I do appreciate the people that posted relevant info to the question.
And if you guys had read my post you would see that I did a search but didn't find much relating to newer 600s.
Also, I do realize that the speedo is off. I guess I should amend the question to ask what top speed have you reached on you're display. Obviously, if I had a GPS I would have given an exact number.
Keep those numbers coming, not the hate.
We hate on these questions because they lack regard for your family, friends, or others. Slow down and learn to ride. We've lost a member or two to speeding. I researched your question as my speedo has indicated, and being -1 front and with a 70mph speed limit, I have only seen 83 indicated... mainly because I love my lady and would like to return home sans speeding ticket and sans new scatches/death.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:01 AM

+1

Old 12-14-2007, 07:31 AM

In response to 600RR........yes, read this, it's eerie!! Part of the reason top speed threads get dumped on, and because the display of your speedo doesn't mean much in the grand scheme.

https://cbrforum.com/m_283141/tm.htm

Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

In response to 600RR........yes, read this, it's eerie!! Part of the reason top speed threads get dumped on, and because the display of your speedo doesn't mean much in the grand scheme.

https://cbrforum.com/m_283141/tm.htm

I have read it multiple times.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 AM

I have read it multiple times
Well, that wasnt' directed at you. Rather than quote you saying we've had folks pass on here and everything I thought I would solidify your claims and let the originator of this thread read it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Quick Reply: Top Speeds