Ticket for not putting visor down

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ticket for not putting visor down

My god some of you people are just ****ing vicious... he got a ticket for not putting his visor down! 80 dollars! Come on that sucks no matter who you are. Knightslugger and TheX give the guy a break! He is right for thinking it sucks to get ticketed for not putting his visor down. The law the law the law... stop being dicks to the guy and be human, he didnt say he was not in the wrong he clearly said he appreciated what the cop was doing, he admits being wrong he is just saying it sucks. Its not like he is sayinghow wrong the cop is and so on. Knightslugger you sound like my mom, what kind of **** comments like you did? I quess your anime profile picts tells all.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 PM

Take it to court, can he even prove you had your visor up.. that is if he even shows up to the court date. if you want to take it that far anyway.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBenRieder600

stop being dicks to the guy and be human, he didnt say he was not in the wrong he clearly said he appreciated what the cop was doing, he admits being wrong he is just saying it sucks. Its not like he is sayinghow wrong the cop is and so on.
My comments are so much at the OP as they are the whiners in the thread saying that the cop was a dick and shouldn't be upholding the law, those comments are crap.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Mad

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: CBenRieder600

stop being dicks to the guy and be human, he didnt say he was not in the wrong he clearly said he appreciated what the cop was doing, he admits being wrong he is just saying it sucks. Its not like he is sayinghow wrong the cop is and so on.
My comments are so much at the OP as they are the whiners in the thread saying that the cop was a dick and shouldn't be upholding the law, those comments are crap.
I don't think anyone said he shouldn't be upholding the law nor that he was a dick. I think it was more directed at the fact that the law is flawed in Florida. Most were pointing out the idiocracy of a no helmet law vs a mandatory eye protection law. Seems backwards to me. I understand cops don't have to write tickets to uphold the law and I further understand that they can and will when needed. I felt the language in the OP's post was that of a respectful sportbike rider and a friendly officer. Maybe in this case he didn't know that it was a law to keep your visor down. In that case a warning would of sufficed solving two problems: 1. He had his visor up and now it is down and 2. He now knows it's a law and won't do it again.

I highly doubt you're a cop so I really don't understand where you are coming from. It's almost as if you browse this forum looking to start fights. It's cool; to each his own.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:17 PM

The idea of taking it to court crossed my mind right after I got the ticket but he said that he patrolls the area frequently and would probably see me again. After the initial frustration went away I decided that making things more difficult for him wasnt the best idea, and he was a good officer and a fellow rider. I could have definitely used the 80 dollars for better things but the fact that some people relate this to drunk driving is ridiculous. A warning was most likely in order, there are degrees of severity like kiggy said. A warning on a DUI is far different from this. It's entirely possible that I was unaware of this law since it differs in so many place and I was only traveling 15-20 mph, but drunk driving is illegal everywhere and its a well known fact. I'm not trying to start anything but thats just what I think, thats why I paid the ticket and respect the officer's choice.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:01 AM

A warning blah blah blah...you broke the law and got caught...pay the ticket.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

The cop was a dick. Go to court, tie up the system. The cop will annoy the judge for writing a BS ticket to a guy weraing all his gear. Maybe that pig will go bust some mass murderers and rapists next time.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Give it up the X. We got to stick together, doing 150mph endangering lives, then yes. But this is hogwash and you know it. He'll prolly end up paying the ticket anyhow....but its still bs....

Old 09-02-2007, 04:50 PM

The ticket is BS.....period. I can tell by your explination that you try to do the right thing, but you had the misfortune of being in the presence of an ******* cop that doesnt see anything but black and white. Ive noticed a trend of certain members on this forum that when it comes to the law, they always say......waah waah, you were wrong....no matter what, quit whinning, pay the ticket. If the law was, they had to give their dog a ******* before riding, these ****'s would pry do it......or atleast tell you to quit whinning if you got busted for not doing it. Take it with a grain of salt and good luck with it.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

Give it up the X. We got to stick together
If you don't like the law do something to change it! There is nothing to stick together for, he broke the law and got a ticket. All this whining over something he did wrong and doesn't want to be accountable for, simply amazing.

Quick Reply: Ticket for not putting visor down