So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

only a fool thinks they will never go down!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

only a fool thinks they will never go down!
+1.

And you'll go down in a place where you thought you would never find yourself going down (like the turn lane of an interstate for instance......doing 70 mph......and then hitting flipping heaps of gravel.......on a freaking interstate.) If you were to ask me where I would find myself going down, that would have been the LAST place I would have thought of.

But anyway, it's not a matter of if, it's when. That's why you wear your gear, and if you do have a new bike........make sure it's under full-coverage insurance.

I don't know about the whole "get a used bike as your first." Usually not my advice I give out. I find that people are usually a little more careful with a brand new bike than with a used one they know they could trash and not feel as bad about it.

My two cents anyway. (now worth $6.7 BILLION dollars, thanks to the local housing market tanking. )

Old 10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dropped myfirst bike 3 times. all of which i did it less than 1 mile an hour.
Twice the kickstand wasn't down all the way, one time I lost traction making a sharpu-turn.

Not much damage though.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM

know what?!?!? get it out of your system....walk up to your new bike and kick the bitch over....might mess up a few things, but it will sure take the fear of that first scratch outta your mind so you can focus on NOT HAVING A COLLISION.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:39 PM

It's funny, I bought an brand new 06 this year... One day i'm coming home, open the garage door and doh a lawn chair fell over that was leaning up against the Jeep. Ok np I'll just go move that POS RIGHT INTO THE GARBAGE F*%K!... (after work rage) haha, then park the bike. As i'm getting off the bike is getting heavier, and heavier, "Oh SH%T the kick stand is up" after dropping a nut, and pulling every muscle from my ankles to my earlobes, I lightly layed it down on the ashphalt. Took a breath adjusted "the boys" and pulled 'er back up, started it up and pulled it into the garage.

Got real lucky, a barley noticeable gouge on the mirror, and one on the case. Of all the people at work the have come out to see the new ride, no one has seen it. That said, I feel way better now, My buddie asked if I'm going to replace ther mirror and case, to which i responded not a chance. If that is the only scratch 's I can get away with from Murphy, then I'll take it.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 PM

If you ride it will go down at one point It may not be hard (I hope it is not hard) but crap like pulling in the the gas station putting your foot down in some gas and slipping, samr thing with gravel at a stop sign. Me I have been ridding for years and years I have set down the goldwing in the rain at a stoplight same thing Oil on the ground. I laid down the CBR hard something came up and got in the chain and broke it locked up the rear wheel. Everyone can say ride with in your limits CBRYDR said you limits will alwasy change as you ride, I think what they are saying is do nto do dumb things.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:49 AM

bro. i bought a brand new honda cbr 600rr in may. first thing i did was buy R&G frame sliders..because i am the type of person that dont take no chances.. and what do you think happend about a month after i bought and installed them? Yes thats right..i was in a hurry to get laid and i forgot to kick the stand down..So **** Happens ...all you can do is try to miminize your losses..So those 180 dollar frame sliders saved me about 1000 dollars in damages..Hope This Helps

Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 AM

i like that idea thomas