So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

Hey all, I keep reading on some of these posts that newbies or new sport bikers will drop there bike atleast once and that is why some of you advise others to get a used bike...is this true? My boy lives out in Reno NV and even he told me that I should prepare myself in knowing I will def drop my bike.. A little background info...Just received my cert. from MSF 3 weeks ago now and bought a 2003 600rr and have about 200 miles on her so far...god I hope I don't drop it...thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Default RE: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

I've been a new rider for 10 weeks now. I have heard there are those who have, and those who will drop their bike.

Listen, I've had a few close calls, but stupid stuff like forgetting to put the kickstand down on my third ride ever. LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Default RE: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?

For the most part, what they say is true. However, remember this:

Every person is a lone individual, if you dropped your bike, its because you did it on your own, regardless of circumstance. Every case is unique in occurance.

That being said, if you are careful and don't get all Mr Naughty Time everywhere you ride, you won't dump your bike if you don't want to. But generally speaking, as the masses say, you are highly likely to put your bike down at some point in time.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:16 AM

Lol thanks! yea I have had a couple close calls parking the bike not realizing how heavy it is and i'm sure it doesn't help that I can't flat foot it but I guess it's a good thing I bought my bike used so I won't be too heart broken I just hope if I do drop it it's not something too serious lol...off the wall question but Bravo Four how did you get the avatar on your profile? I've tried everything including photo bucket and where do you find crazy stuff like you have lol

Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM

You're definately going to drop at some point. I'm on my 5th bike and haven't dropped yet, but being aware of the danger and that inevitable can occur at any moment has made me a better rider and is what has kept me from dropping. Always act so you don't have to react.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i was on my 4th bike before i ever dropped it and i only did because i lost my balance making a u turn in my drive way and i couldnt stop it. you will go down eventually wether its a tip over or a low side or even forbid a high side .. it could happen tomorrow or it could happen 10 years from now. but eventually everyone does go down ...some more frequently then others ! haha my friend had a ninja 250 and downed it 2 times within the 1st week of owning it

Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM

first time rider on a track bike? definatly going to drop it.

i dont wish that on anyone, but seriously, if you just took your test 3/4 weeks ago you must be crazy to get a honda sport bike.....

should have started on a dirtbike or a ninja 250....go ahead and top out a 250.....but dont even consider it on a 600..... i know youre thinking its only twice the displacement.....yeah thats 4 times the power and 3 times the mph as well.......just be careful and dont be a meat creature.....squid....

Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: team honda
off the wall question but Bravo Four how did you get the avatar on your profile? I've tried everything including photo bucket and where do you find crazy stuff like you have lol
Im from another forum called the Sherdog OT, to say the least.

Anyways, if you want a cool GIF style avatar like mine, just let me know, I'll send you a link to alot of GIFS.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2 types of riders. And its a matter of but when. But be careful dont show your *** constently and ride within you skill level and you will have better odds or not doin it.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:19 PM

Yes its tru. I dont know anyone who hasnt dropped their bike. Invest and get frame sliders/bar ends etc. Ull appreciate it one day.

Quick Reply: So is it true what others have been saying that you are bound to drop your bike atleast once?