Scorpio Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpio Installed!!!

Ive heard of alot of people's battery dying from the scorpio. Never had that issue?

Old 12-18-2005, 11:44 AM

mines up for the winter so i couldn't help ya, i'd imagine if you have it on a trickle charger there shouldn't be any problems

Old 12-18-2005, 06:36 PM

I dont have a trickle charger but I live in FL so I don't have an off-season and I can/do ride everyday.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:21 PM

nope it got a thing where if its active too long it automatically shuts into sleep mode conserving power and stil maintaining an alarm active. the only batteries that i have dying are the ones in my reciever

Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

nope it got a thing where if its active too long it automatically shuts into sleep mode conserving power and stil maintaining an alarm active.
im not an electronics guy so the answer may be simple. how does something conserve power input and still provide full feature alarm function? or does some of the add-on stuff (perimeter and tilt sensors) shut off to conserve the power?

Old 12-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Where did you put the perimeter sensor?

Old 12-23-2005, 05:37 AM

put the perimiter sensor under my passenger seat. I never park my bike longer then 8 hrs(at work) and turn the perimiter off cuz i dont need it churpin at ppl only if they decide to touch it then it whails for around 1 min

Old 12-23-2005, 08:02 PM

How easy was the install im not the most knowledgable person in this catagory, would you advise i have someone to install it???

Old 12-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does the perimeter sensor feature do exactly and how does it work? Where did you place the bulk of the Scorpion system? I already have a Power Commander and Speedo Healer under my seat.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:56 PM

dam I forgot bout that 05tribal, Thats where almost all the components are they only take up my laft side so i still got enough room for my helmet lock and insurance,and the manual under there,but now that you mention it once i get the power commander My room is all gone hhhhmmmmm what to do??I supose i could ditch that stupid took kit in such a bad place.
My perimiter senser chirps at you if you are an entity (living) and are within 3 feet apprx and If you dont move after it starts to churp it will go off about 5-10 seconds after the first churp I only use it for cats n **** when I am sleeping or dogs that like to try and pee on the bike then the paintball gun colors em like skittles!! I lie the fact that it sends me a signal with what happened ie: it will flash perimiter if simething idnt move away quick enough, Or Tilt if some one is on your bike, shock- someone bumpped your bike or a loud noise set if off, Ignition-this is where i sometimes forget that the bike is armed and i try to turn it over but it wont cuz i got to turn it off, and the best part of it all the kill switch DO NOT PUT YOUR RECIEVER ON YOUR BIKE'S KEYS put it in your pocket if you get bike jacked you push 2 buttons and it will turn the bike off in 20 secs and within a mile range.

Heres another funny thing you can do with this alarm So you got a cocky friend that thinks he can ride? arm the bike but put it on silent so the bike will not go off but your remote will, leave the remote far away so you cant hear it. Now tell your friend he can ride the bike if he can start it and why not throw in a 50 dollar bet he cant Now remember he has to turn on the bikes switch take the kik stand up(if in gear) and put it in neutral the turn it over.
This one has won me some cash from cocky non riders that think they can and they look foolish if theres girls around

Mean huh? yah I am a Dick ARRRRRR now walk the plank of shame lad