F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Installed scorpio alarm and question on wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed scorpio alarm and question on wiring.

I bought my bike with horrible flushmounts. I plan on redoing the signals and going through the wiring back there and soldering all the connections well. I just wanted to get things hooked up for the moment. My wiring question is about the brake light connector. In the wire bunch there are the two factory connectors for the signals, and there is one white/opaque connector without anything plugged into it. It is the same style as the turn signal connectors. My brake lights function fine. The signal blinks on the alarm work fine. The brake flash for the alarm doesnt. Basically you are sopposed to plug the harness into the connector, then the indicators into the harness. I plugged the male from the alarm harness into the female brake connector. There was no male connector in the white female plug. Is this wiring done wrong? How is it sopposed to be. The fender was eliminated and new signals put on. I am not sure what the deal is with it.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Default RE: Installed scorpio alarm and question on wiring.

The white connector is for the license plate light, which was eliminated when the fender was cut. As far as your alarm problem, can't help there. I know the brake light connector will have more than two wires per bulb, because they should be 1157 bulbs, if that helps.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 PM

I see. I will have to look more closely for the connector for the brake light. Thank you for the response.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM

I got the same problem here, xcept i got a 600RR 2007

Anybody has ever installed a scorpio alarm ? I got it today and it comes with a factory harness for wiring. However i got a bad feeling that this is not the right one. It says

Black Wire - To Ground, Green wire on all Honda's (I dont see no green wire)
Orange Wire - To Tail Light, Brown wire on all Honda's (Same here, dont see no brown)
Grey Wire -To Left Turn Signal, Orange wire on all Honda's (OK)
Grey Wire - To Right Turn Signal, Blue wire on all Honda's (OK)

So no green no brown, all that i have is a white cable, bigger than the others.
Anybody can help ??? Pls ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/25029/B1733E48B20242D1820C4975D3BF4CDE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-15-2008, 11:16 AM

I installed a scorpio on my '05 f4i a couple of years ago and it was a piece of cake. The connectors were all there tucked way back under the seat. I think they were secured by a wire clip way back under the lock mechanism. You simply unplug the connectors and put the scorpio one in between. If you follow the wires from the lights you should be able to find the connectors. Only thing I didn't do is install the ignition cut off because I didn't want to cut any wires. If you find an easy way to install it let us know.

One thing, don't count on the Scorpio to not drain your battery. It will, and it won't take all that long either. And I never got any warning of the low battery situation on the remote!

All in all it's a pretty decent alarm (toy). It's not loud enough to stop any but the most novice thiefs, but it scares the **** out of me when I forget it's onand try to jump on the bike!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 PM

if im reading this correct are you saying that ur brake light isnt flashing when u arm and disarm it?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 PM

On mine, the brake light doesn't flash, only the turn signals. It gets power from the tail light to know when you've turned ignition on, don't think it is supposed to flash.

The pic of the wiring above looks like aftermarket connections (non-stock). The color codes are correct that Scorpio gives, Honda has been using that wire-color scheme for years.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Both my front and rear turn signal light when alarm is armed (not the brake lights).

The Factory connector should go between the two rear turn signasl and the TAIL light connectors. Nothing to do with the brake lights!

Make sure you have the correct factory harness. It should be the HON-2 connector. The plugs should match those on your bike.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 AM

I am positive that I have the correct wiring harness. It says that the one that isnt used for the two signal connectors is for the brake. I havnt screwed around with it. When it gets a bit warmer I am going to pull off the tail, put on new signals, and re-route the wiring a bit cleaner.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 AM

FYI:

Here's a copy of the instructions that came with my factory harness:

[IMG]local://upfiles/8157/98124B51DCA14DEA890B01A8C528BFF4.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Installed scorpio alarm and question on wiring.