RED's Build thread Continued pg. 17, DDM HID's, RIZOMA, SAMCO

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RED's Build UPDATED pg.11 Powdercoat,Intake, Pair Mod

ORIGINAL: bapishere

damn you definetely have alot of mods it looks nice. I just bought a 07 600RR red and black. I want to mod mines also. Can you list the websites you order your products from. Im looking for good trusted websites. Here are my mods so far i will be catching up to you soon hahaha I hope

Red Led Light kit (fuse, bulbs remote control unit) Puig Double Bubble Windscreen K&N Air Filter Vortex frame sliders Base/Puk Kit Swing arm spools Honda bar ends DynoJet III Power Commander Two Brothers Carbon fiber exhaust Flushmount turn signals CRG roll a click shorty brake lever CRG roll a click shorty clutch lever Rear Seat Solo Cowl OEM CBR racing hand grips
Thanks man...I've gotten most of my parts from Brad at SuperbikeSupply: http://www.superbikesupply.com/

Dont let the website prices fool you, call him direct for much better pricing. That's a nice mod list youve got going there....post up some pics as you get the stuff installed.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WoW chris, Ive seen pictures of your bike so often you think i'd be used to it, but everytime it pops up in a thread it still floors me! Its such a big motivator for me to get my bike modded. keep up the great work, looks amazing!!!!!!!!!

Codie

Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 AM

Wow. A beautiful bike! Is your rear brake under the seat wedged between the exhaust? Cleanest 600 I've seen lately.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 AM

Thanks guys,,, ALas..i assume your talking about the reservoir? Its now directly attached to the back ofthe master cylinder. Its a nice to mod to clean up the rear of the bike.

Name:  Picture518.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  163.8 KB

Old 10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered Users

hey red, didn't you get a rizoma rear brake res?? if so, do they make one specific for the rr such that you can do that...because the general ones you couldn't just relocate it like that....or did you get something to mount it direct to the M/C...i ask because i REALLY like that look...i plan on getting a rizoma brake res so i am curious how you did it...

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

hey red, didn't you get a rizoma rear brake res?? if so, do they make one specific for the rr such that you can do that...because the general ones you couldn't just relocate it like that....or did you get something to mount it direct to the M/C...i ask because i REALLY like that look...i plan on getting a rizoma brake res so i am curious how you did it...
That's a G-craft replica that you can get from Brad at SuperbikeSupply... The rizoma (at least the one I looked at) had to be mounted somewhere else...it did not attach to the back of the M/C like that. So I went with the black replica and its a really clean install.Call Brad..he has them in stock. Rizoma makes some really nice stuff, but this snugged right in behind my heel guard...perfect

Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered Users

ahhh....yeah i knew about the rizoma having to pretty much be located back in the stock location....i was hoping to do something with the fluid feeder tube but doing it this way is much better as you have no feeder tube anymore..i like that look a LOT...how much room you need for it...what's it width if you don't mind me asking...i think the rr and the f4i have the M/C in a slightly different place and i want to make sure it'll fit...

btw...on a side....i painted my rear M/C black...you should do it too...it came out SICK....looks like powder but without the hassle of taking it apart for powdered...i got some exterior rust-o-leum gloss black oil based paint, painted a few coats (it self smooths) that got a can of automotive clear and sprayed...hasn't chipped faded or anything and looks like a million bucks...with the black direct connect res...it will look killer....

is that res the same size as stock or smaller?

Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

ahhh....yeah i knew about the rizoma having to pretty much be located back in the stock location....i was hoping to do something with the fluid feeder tube but doing it this way is much better as you have no feeder tube anymore..i like that look a LOT...how much room you need for it...what's it width if you don't mind me asking...i think the rr and the f4i have the M/C in a slightly different place and i want to make sure it'll fit...

btw...on a side....i painted my rear M/C black...you should do it too...it came out SICK....looks like powder but without the hassle of taking it apart for powdered...i got some exterior rust-o-leum gloss black oil based paint, painted a few coats (it self smooths) that got a can of automotive clear and sprayed...hasn't chipped faded or anything and looks like a million bucks...with the black direct connect res...it will look killer....

is that res the same size as stock or smaller?
I would say its no more than an inch across and 1 1/2 inches tallmaybe two ??? Look at the pic, well,,,dig back through my build thread, there's more pictures in the first couple of pages I think. I cant imagine it wouldnt fit on your bike. It gets close to my swingarm, but there's clearance and no rubbing. Good call on painting the M/C...got a picture you can post?

Old 10-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Real beautiful bike, Red... makes me glad mine is blue though, so when I copy some of your mods, it's blue so it's different. Wow, those hoses are REAL red, aren't they? It's like they are popping right out of that pic... anyways, lots of nice mods you got there... you rich or something?!? lol (You don't have to answer that, just rhetorical, but you got alot of high end products on that thing)

It's all gorgeous man!! I do like that rear M/C...maybe I'll contact your buddy there.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Real beautiful bike, Red... makes me glad mine is blue though, so when I copy some of your mods, it's blue so it's different. Wow, those hoses are REAL red, aren't they? It's like they are popping right out of that pic... anyways, lots of nice mods you got there... you rich or something?!? lol (You don't have to answer that, just rhetorical, but you got alot of high end products on that thing)

It's all gorgeous man!! I do like that rear M/C...maybe I'll contact your buddy there.
They're not quite as red as they look through that camera lens...but yeah they're....well....red [8D] The samco hoses come in the standard blue which would look awesome on your bike jfunk. yea pm on the m/c !

Quick Reply: RED's Build thread Continued pg. 17, DDM HID's, RIZOMA, SAMCO