Pilot Power 2CTs

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot Power 2CTs

i just had new tires installed, and was wondering why they said i dont need to balance them. i have had lots of car tires put on, and they rebalanced them every time. is it nothing like a car tire?

after almost 200 miles with these great tires i am selling them because i had to sell my bike.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Banned
Default RE: 2CT

A bike tire needs balanced too, in fact more so because the force generated by your spinning tires is what makes your bike stay upright and corner precisely...who said not to balance them???

Old 03-28-2008, 09:06 AM

the place where i bought them said they dont balance tires. is there a way to do this myself?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 AM

Maybe they checked them and said, "They don't need to balanced" because they ARE balanced. As opposed to all motorcycle tires don't need to be balanced. Which is it?
ORIGINAL: RounderNU

i just had new tires installed, and was wondering why they said i dont need to balance them. i have had lots of car tires put on, and they rebalanced them every time. is it nothing like a car tire?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 AM

no, they didnt check them. they dont have the stuff to balance them, but i was thinking the same thing. if the wheels are not warped or anything would the tire throw it off balance?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 AM

No, you can't do them yourself. Unless, you have a tire balancing machine. Any tire place can balance tires. Be it Motorcycle or Car. What type of place did you purchase these tires from. I would question that more than anything.
ORIGINAL: RounderNU

the place where i bought them said they dont balance tires. is there a way to do this myself?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 AM

You will see a lead weight or two on each rim. They move these around the edge of the rim to "Balance" the wheel. It needs to be done on a Tire Balance Machine. It's easy to do once the wheel is removed from the bike. I would just take them to a tire shop. It shouldn't cost much.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM

Sounds to me like either the garage was too lazy to do it or didnt have a clue! you definately need to get themchecked for your own safety, even if you take them somewhere and they say that they are alreadybalanced, its better to be safe than sorry. it wouldnt be worth coming round a corner and your bike going from under you just for the sake of a few weights that smeone couldnt be bothered to put on.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned

Yeah man, the f'er was just being lazy. Get your wheels balanced somewhere else and don't ever go back to that shop again.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:01 PM

Ok I do agree that you should have them balanced but I have to say that if people do not know how they are balanced please do not say anything. I am a little tired of people on this site acting like they know what they are talking about. But to get off my soap box yes you need to take it in and get them balanced. I do know that a motorcycle shop will take them off and put them back on for you where a car tire place will not you will have to take them off.

Quick Reply: Pilot Power 2CTs