The New Rizoma Zero-11's

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Rizoma Zero-11's

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: Woody6799

I understand what your saying fox but if they do not function as they should, like the running light portion, that makes it a sub par product... personally I am looking for a set of the old ones for my front
They function exactly as they were designed. If they were designed to be used as running lights..........they would have been a 3-wire design to begin with. The running light modification is just that..........a modification to adapt the signals to become running lights. None of the Rizoma signals were ever designed to run this way...........and it does suck that the new ones can't be adapted (at least not until Rizoma comes out with their own running light modulators).........but you can't blame Rizoma........because the signals work EXACTLY as they were designed to.
Your absolutely right Fox I am just sayin I know that you were able to modify yours to utilize a running light and I think that is a good look so it sucks if you cant wire the new ones to do the same. I cannot find the old ones anywhere so I am also looking into buying the Zero-11's because my LP flush mounts cannot be seen by on coming traffic at all

Old 09-09-2008, 01:52 PM

Hi guys.

Just to clarify, the Rizoma signals (and all aftermarket signals that we've seen) are only designed as a single filiament signal, but if you hook them up with a a relay to run as a running light andd flash "off" they can work.

I hooked one of them to my battery charger about 70 minutes ago, and though the load box is warm, the signal is working.

This could possibly effect the load box life, but we can't be sure..

Old 09-09-2008, 06:30 PM

The load box will get hot enough to melt the solder off the internal circuit boards; that is what happened to mine. Give it a while longer and you will see. Youcan open it back up and solder it all back together to repair it. This is an old post. I ended up using the Rizomas in the rearandProtons in the front.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PJFZ1

Hi guys.

Just to clarify, the Rizoma signals (and all aftermarket signals that we've seen) are only designed as a single filiament signal, but if you hook them up with a a relay to run as a running light andd flash "off" they can work.

I hooked one of them to my battery charger about 70 minutes ago, and though the load box is warm, the signal is working.

This could possibly effect the load box life, but we can't be sure..
They are NOT designed to be used as running lights. Of course the box is going to get hot because you are slowly overloading the circuitry. The conclusion to Rizoma-11's is to hook them up to work as they're designed.......as turn signals, not running light/signal combo.

Other than the running light part, they are damn bright and good looking signals IMO.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Tacoma25

The load box will get hot enough to melt the solder off the internal circuit boards; that is what happened to mine. Give it a while longer and you will see. Youcan open it back up and solder it all back together to repair it. This is an old post. I ended up using the Rizomas in the rearandProtons in the front.
That may be completely correct.. I left that signal hooked up for 3 hours 9we wre going out and I turned it off).

I personally think that having running lights is way over-rated.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 PM

That is why I kept the Zero-11's on the back. I was impressed at how bright they are. I like people to see me.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 PM

Ok i know this topic has been beat to death but I have a favor to ask of you guys that went with Rizoma's. I need to order a pair ofRizoma's Zero-11's with Fairing Adapters for the '07.Where to? and do they require cutting of the factory wires? And is the install a pain in the a$$? Thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 PM

Where to?
I am not sure I understand that question. I cut the factory connectors off the OEM turn signals and soldered them onto the new turn signalsso that I could still remove the fairings. Install is not that hard if you have already learned how to remove the fairings from the bike. You may need to modify the adaptors on the inside if you install the Rizomas on the rear.I ordered all my parts from pjsparts.com.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 PM

well, I guess I can joined the brotherhood of the "burned rizoma" now, god damn forgot to hook up my load box, PHUC THIS...I'm gonna just go get myself a pair of speedmetal signals from cyclegear lol

Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SVBS
well, I guess I can joined the brotherhood of the "burned rizoma" now, god damn forgot to hook up my load box, PHUC THIS...I'm gonna just go get myself a pair of speedmetal signals from cyclegear lol
Heh - way to bring this one back from the dead. I was like who the hell is Blue Fox.....

Name:  d40698d4.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  21.0 KB