600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Help!! RIZOMA FE Problem

Old 06-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! RIZOMA FE Problem

I recently had a shop install a Rizoma Fender eliminator Kit on my 07 600rr. I noticed that the brake light slightly flickered as my bike was idling in neutral. Well today I observed the lights acting up again, but this time they stayed lit up as if I were on the brake. They just stay lit and I they don't change when the brake lever or foot brake are engaged. Has anyone heard of or experienced this problem with the new Rizoma FE? If so do you know how I can fix this problem?

Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Help!! RIZOMA FE Problem

Check your rear brake light switch. if it somehow got out of adjustment it might be sending the signal that the brake is being pressed all the time (and therefore the brakelight shines in the "bright" intensity all the time) that is the most common cause for that problem. If not, check the wiring for a loose/ badly insulatedconection that might be causing a short.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The two LED's the flicker are the two that are aimed to the sides. If you look closely at the light, you'll see which 2 I'm talking about. If these are flickering, I would send it back to PJ's and tell them that the light is flickering because that is a sign of more problems to come. One of my roommates who also has the Rizoma kit had that problem happen......it still flickers every so often, but it hasn't failed yet. But if you just got it, definitely send it back for a replacement.

As to the brake light staying "on", I'm not sure. I had it happen to me once. I took apart all the wiring and checked all the connections, but nothing was loose. It hasn't done it since, just that one time.

But definitely if it's flickering, send it back for a replacement.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:35 AM

You guys are awesome! I actually found out what was wrong today. It turned out to be the rear brake. It just needed adjustment. I just gave the **** a few turns and pressed the foot brake a few times. It works fine now. Whitedealership.....you were right. Thanks for your guys help.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:37 AM

another save by forum members - gotta love it!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 PM

had the same problem with mine. adjusted the rear brake and it was fine. good work guys