"new bike" should i put these mods with out pc3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "new bike" should i put these mods with out pc3?

okay soooo i have a ton of stuff i salvaged off my bike b4 the insurance company totaled it blah blah and now i have volecity stacks and bmc filter, but should i put them on with out power commander? i have the power and ignition commander but i have noooooo time to install that with school... i have a buddy who will tune it bcuz i dont have the money to have it dyno tuned.... so wut the question is should i install the bmc and velocity stacks w/out pc3??? or should i wait till i have time and money to install it....

Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Default RE: "new bike" should i put these mods with out pc3?

I would wait until you have the time and money. Focus on your education first and in the meaning time save up some extra money to do what you really want, not make rash decesions. "Haste makes waste"

Old 11-01-2008, 11:12 PM

What year of bike do you have again bro?

The bmc isnt gonna make a huge cHANGE, but the velocity stacks will make a differenceat the top end. Unless you have track days coming up..I'd wait until you can put it all together at once. You can install the PCIII and the ignition module in an afternoon if you have help...and then you know you've done it right

Old 11-02-2008, 12:33 AM

haha well its not the money really, bcuz i can have a buddy tune it for free, sure wont be 100 percent but better than dling maps. but will the stacks make it run funny with out chaging computer?

yeah a pc3 should only take an afterntoon, but an ignition commander too, and than mounting them again bcuz im sure the first time i wont have them in a good spot ( my skills with pluging things in lol well the are horrible, i suck *** at doing electrical work, all i can do is soder or spark plugs.... takes me an extra hour or two do do anyhitn that invovles electronics), lol but damn, i study my *** off or relax it off in the afternoon, emt school is pretty intense, 8 week course.so putin those mods on there argh ARGH!!!! if you go to emt school, take a basic anatomy class first lol that will have save you ten hours of studying and sum stress

Old 11-02-2008, 09:24 AM

You should just wait. Its only an 8 week course right? So in 8 weeks you can focus on doing your bike and not stress out about it if something doesnt go right. It doesnt sound like you have time to ride it right now anyway. Dont be too focused on instant gratification, good things take time.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:02 PM

i guess your right aj, ill wait to put all those mods on. maybe the ohlins if i have a rainy day and i dont feel like h/w. that only takes an hour.

o and i just bought on 03, with a D&D duel exhast lol... f'n thing is wayyyy tooo loud lol.