Need Input RR vs F4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Input RR vs F4i

im going to throw this out there and totally get flamed by f4i riders. let me start by saying that the only f4i that i have ridden was an 05 and the only 600rr was an 04.

the f4i is like a softer more gentle more comfortable rr. the performance is there (on the f4i) but the bar is higher on the rr. for most conditions (like less than wot) the difference between the two is minor. but when you do get around to pushing it, there is a difference. the f4i is nothing to take lightly but the rr is definately more performance oriented when pushed. ok. you have a z06. in most conditions everything that you do can be done just as well in a regular c6. like commuting. you're not using all of the performance that is there. it's comparible with these two bikes. when you really get to pushing it, you will notice the difference. the rr makes slightly more power, is lighter weight, feels narrower and more agile, and the suspension is stiffer.

now a few performance facts for you to consider. the 600rr has 107.2 horsepower and weighs 361 pounds. the f4i has 95.5 horsepower and weighs 370 pounds. so the power to weight ratio is better on the 600rr, but not by much. but then you have to consider gearing but that's a whole new subject that i cannot find information on.

really guys, im NOT ******* on the f4i. its a wonderful machine thats comfortable as hell and can hang with the best in the twisties. but my choice would be for the 600rr because i know that i would push it from time to time. and i like the styling more.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/quote]

So the Black Hawk helicopter has heavier tow capacity, is slower and waists more gas than the Huey?

[/quote]

Not to Hi Jack the thread but if you are really interested and not being a smart ***, the Black Hawk has a greater pay load and max gross weight which equals greater lifting capability. It is faster and uses more, not waists more, fuel then a Huey. The simple reason it does all this because it has two more powerful and efficient engines instead of one.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal
So the Black Hawk helicopter has heavier tow capacity, is slower and waists more gas than the Huey?

[/quote]

Not to Hi Jack the thread but if you are really interested and not being a smart ***, the Black Hawk has a greater pay load and max gross weight which equals greater lifting capability. It is faster and uses more, not waists more, fuel then a Huey. The simple reason it does all this because it has two more powerful and efficient engines instead of one.
[/quote]

I’m not arguing that the Black Hawk is not the finer machine, but the relationship between the helicopters and the trucks.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 AM

I actual had the same question on this.. love how people all say "aggressiveness" for the RR.. I did have a F3 (95') intill I did something stupid.. but just looking around now.. Love the RR's, but i did hear your back will kill, but every crotch-rocket going to kill your back if you ride it for a duration of time, it aint a goldwing with a chair seat.. haha

love the RR, from what i sat on it feels like your more with the bike, your legs just flush with the bike and body is just one with the bike for aerodynamics..
dont get me wrong, not that I used to race from point A to point B everyday, only now and then... it's the stunts that wrecked my bike, never again haha.. But if your looking for a weekend bike, i would go for the RR. but I guess it's all about the riders choice really.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mjflagg

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

[/quote]

I’m not arguing that the Black Hawk is not the finer machine, but the relationship between the helicopters and the trucks.

[/quote]

Humph? I think the comparison is a good one considering they are all utility machines minus the MD500 which is like a sports car. Anyway, now that I look back the comparison of trucks to helicopters to motorcycles it sounds a bit stupid to me anyway. But here is one more for everyone, the Chinook is like a semi-truck and trailer, so boo-yah!

Now back to the thread at hand. When I was shopping for a sport bike my first thoughts went to Honda since they are what I was familiar with and I knew they made great bikes. Then my mind went to the 600 class because it had been a while since I’ve ridden. Then it went strait to the RR because for one, the RR is more technologically advanced when it comes to the engine, frame, suspension, brakes, forks and swing arm, two I like the looks a lot better then the F4i, and three if there was a three, to me sport bikes aren't built for comfort, and actually comfort really didn’t come to mind. I also wanted what I was seeing on TV when watching the AMA and SBK Superbike races. I knew I was going to make riding a serious hobby that I was going to stick with for a long time. I knew it was going to take a long time to get real good at riding and that I was going to take a class or two to help me get good as well as do many track days and quite possibly some day, club racing. I would have had big time buyer’s remorse if I knew the current main race bike Honda put out was the RR and I was on an F4i with all those future intentions in mind.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 PM

aight. I kind of let this thread go just to see what you guys would say... but here's the nitty gritty and if you're concerned with specs and numbers then this what counts...

Comfort: Hell yeah the F4i is more comfortable, I've ridden both and it's king size bed vs. air mattress. But I don't care. I can ride for 6-7 hours no prob... obviousely stops for gas but you learn to do it...

Performance: Duh. RR wins. DSFI - gets rid of the mid range throttle lag problems that plague F4is... you guys with F4i's who haven't noticed it yet, have obviousely never raced an RR.... my buddy took off on me with his F4i out of a corner and it was kind of sad when I took off cause I caught right up...

Pro-Link suspension: Much more stable rear end and way more forgiving than a typical suspension, it's the reason RR's are nearly as chatty as r6's or GSX-R's...

Looks: duh. but take your pick, I'm biased.

as far as that 90% margine... I don't think I've ever pushed my bike that hard... But I have set the suspension up to my weight, and damn it handle's like a dream. I think you'll notice the RR MAKES YOU more aggessive, you just want to go faster. So you need to watch that, but otherwise, they're both great bikes. if you're not hard core into the go fast stripped down bike, get the F4i. If you get the RR you've got a street ready race bike... not a racey street bike like the F4i.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 PM

OK guys, made my decision. See the topic on this forum --> "Made My Decision RR vs F41"