lowering 1 inch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering 1 inch?

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

Okay, so he pretty much agreed to everything Fretless stated and had most of the same arguements. But hey, its up to whoever is doind it and noone can tell you how it will feel on YOU, but I know for ME, I didnt like it one bit.

Your wrong again, haha. He agreed with pretty much what Fret's EXPERT guy had to say. Don't give Fret the credit, its like handing over alcohol to the alcoholic. You know better than that. But yeah its not a bad thing to lower it if you need to, so don't go listening to Fret. Read what the experts said about it, and you decide for yourself. Don't let Fret or his henchmen pursuade you because they tell you they don't like it. They don't like a lot of things, they are negative individuals. To each their own.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

Your wrong again, haha. He agreed with pretty much what Fret's EXPERT guy had to say. Don't give Fret the credit, its like handing over alcohol to the alcoholic. You know better than that. But yeah its not a bad thing to lower it if you need to, so don't go listening to Fret. Read what the experts said about it, and you decide for yourself. Don't let Fret or his henchmen pursuade you because they tell you they don't like it. They don't like a lot of things, they are negative individuals. To each their own.
Fret isn't asking credit for a darned thing...all Fret is wanting is other riders to make an informed decision about something that could potentially hurt or kill them...Fret agrees with everything Fret's expert has to say about lowering a sport bike, but wasn't able to put it in such a well written way, or have the clout that his expert has, so that's why he brought in an expert...Fret is a safety conscious rider and will not do modifications that will upset an already touchy machine, you call Fret Negative, but I see Fret as more of a safety conscious rider and would scoop a seat to lower his bike before drastically changing the geometry of a bike made for cornering...take a look at who is the most negative...who made the most noise to get a point across, who called people names and insulted (writing slanderous and homophobic remarks) who was the most immature...then make some assumptions about a person's character...

I'm Fretless33 and I approve of this message...LOL This is like a political freakin' debate!!!

I never wrote you can't lower a sport bike and the lesser of the evils is lowering it an inch, but even that's too much in my opinion, because of the negative effects it has on a sport bike's suspension (if not done the right way)...there's other ways of dealing with ride height...like trying to get a bike that fits you better in the first place...if you can settle for any other bike because of having an image problem, then that's a choice your going to have to deal with (and eventually you will), but slapping on a dog bone and altering your suspension in a negative way is bad in my opinion...is that expert the same guy who wanted to lower your front end an inch too, because he doesn't sound like much of an expert or have a rider's safety in mind...for real...he doesn't recommending lowering a sport bike the right way WTF!? Sounds like he wants to sell some after market parts to suckers who don't know jack about motorcycling...

The only thing your expert is correct about is that if you ride a sport bike like a cruiser, then lowering it an inch will be no problem at all...so if having both feet flat on the ground (I never understood that), or image are more important than safety, then go for it...

**awaiting the Three Stooges, gay references reply from the attention ***** who calls himself "the hunk" **

Old 10-19-2006, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

**awaiting the Three Stooges, gay references reply from the attention ***** who calls himself "the hunk" **
Nicely done! Although he probably got grounded from the computer when mom found out what he was typing, so it might be a while.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:40 PM

i lowered my bike 1" and there has been no noticable change in it at all and i love it.

also we just lowered my friends R6 1 1/2" and he was going to sell it but he likes it so much that he is keeping the bike now. if you want to do it do it... i am still considering lowering it 3" (mostly for the track) but i am undecided.

the pres of our bike club has a RC51 that is lowered 3" and he loves it too.

(thats what the topic was right)? heres a article on it also: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0210_lower/

Old 10-20-2006, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: bindelsf2

i lowered my bike 1" and there has been no noticable change in it at all and i love it.

also we just lowered my friends R6 1 1/2" and he was going to sell it but he likes it so much that he is keeping the bike now. if you want to do it do it... i am still considering lowering it 3" (mostly for the track) but i am undecided.

the pres of our bike club has a RC51 that is lowered 3" and he loves it too.

(thats what the topic was right)? heres a article on it also: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0210_lower/

Thanks Bindel, thats exactly what we are talking about. Glad that you love the bike lowered, I do to. Your buddy was going to sell his bike but lowered it and now decided to keep it?! Thats music to my ears. The customer is always right you know.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:59 AM

Fret isn't asking credit for a darned thing...all Fret is wanting is other riders to make an informed decision about something that could potentially hurt or kill them...Fret agrees with everything Fret's expert has to say about lowering a sport bike, but wasn't able to put it in such a well written way, or have the clout that his expert has, so that's why he brought in an expert...Fret is a safety conscious rider and will not do modifications that will upset an already touchy machine, you call Fret Negative, but I see Fret as more of a safety conscious rider and would scoop a seat to lower his bike before drastically changing the geometry of a bike made for cornering...take a look at who is the most negative...who made the most noise to get a point across, who called people names and insulted (writing slanderous and homophobic remarks) who was the most immature...then make some assumptions about a person's character...

I'm Fretless33 and I approve of this message...LOL This is like a political freakin' debate!!!

I never wrote you can't lower a sport bike and the lesser of the evils is lowering it an inch, but even that's too much in my opinion, because of the negative effects it has on a sport bike's suspension (if not done the right way)...there's other ways of dealing with ride height...like trying to get a bike that fits you better in the first place...if you can settle for any other bike because of having an image problem, then that's a choice your going to have to deal with (and eventually you will), but slapping on a dog bone and altering your suspension in a negative way is bad in my opinion...is that expert the same guy who wanted to lower your front end an inch too, because he doesn't sound like much of an expert or have a rider's safety in mind...for real...he doesn't recommending lowering a sport bike the right way WTF!? Sounds like he wants to sell some after market parts to suckers who don't know jack about motorcycling...

The only thing your expert is correct about is that if you ride a sport bike like a cruiser, then lowering it an inch will be no problem at all...so if having both feet flat on the ground (I never understood that), or image are more important than safety, then go for it...
One question, why are you speaking in the third person? Your freaking me out dude.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

Nicely done! Although he probably got grounded from the computer when mom found out what he was typing, so it might be a while.

Your one of Fret's followers. Bend over and take it like a man, lower your seat one inch. I'm talking about the bike seat. You guys kill me. Whats funnier watching the 3 stooges, or the 3 stooges on here? Fret, Dwite, and Blue *****? Oops forgot the names already..As you guys get more popular with your debatable threads, we won't forget you. This thread did not prove that your way is the only right way. If anything, it gives hope that you can lower your bike and you can be safe. Fret said himself just now that he could never understand why people would want both feet stable, touching the ground. You can't reason with him if he doesn't understand the basics. He wants everyone to be safe?? Meanwhile keeping the bike up with one leg on tippie toe is safer than two feet flat?? Honestly your smoking some good stuff, pass it on..

Old 10-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will add one more thing. Another method I use to lower seat height is that I take the seat remove the factory cushion and replace it with a thinner material. It is half the size almost, but feels even better then the stock cushion. It is not cheap but it is under 250.00 to do.

Does anyone have any information on this, like what kind of material, etc. A writeup if anyone knows of one would be awesome! I know of shaving the seat to take off a few inches, but I've never heard of anyone replacing all the material, but I'm definately very interested.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2006, 02:15 AM

Now I know you don't have a life, all the time you spend on here. We heard your opinion, now go away and let others share their good experiences,...porcupine. Enough already, your talking out of your *** as mentioned by a female rider on here as well. Show some respect for the ladies. Do it for the ladies, do it for the kids, do it for the 3 stooges buddy, shut your piehole please, and may God have mercy on your soul...

Old 10-20-2006, 02:36 AM

Fret said himself just now that he could never understand why people would want both feet stable, touching the ground. You can't reason with him if he doesn't understand the basics.
The basics are pretty obvious, yet people choose to ignore them...you buy a bike that fits you or compensate by either shifting your *** over to one side, or buy a gadget to fix the problem like most people do (eg. steering dampers, adjustable rear sets, lowering links, etc.); in fact, I know a 5'6 girl that rides an un-lowered RR and never dropped her bike from losing footing, but maybe you have less upper body strength and weaker legs than she does (she races too)? Moreover, when your moving does it really matter anymore that your feet don't touch flat on the ground...most newbies like to sit on their bike and paddle it backwards because they don't feel safe getting off and pushing it...are you one of them hunk...still trying to find the right gadget to make you feel comfortable on a motorcycle?

Did you catch that your new found buddy bindel is thinking about lowering his bike 3 inches for the track!!! How do you feel about that hunkster, or are you so happy to have someone on your side that you overlook the small details...however, in that case 3 inches isn't so small and he's guaranteeing a crash at the track when his foot peg catches on the tarmac and causes him to go down!

ORIGINAL: bindelsf2

i am still considering lowering it 3" (mostly for the track) but i am undecided.
BINDEL...DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT LOWER YOUR BIKE 3 " FOR THE TRACK!!! Read the many replies about lowering your bike...read about the girl who scraped her belly pan on a large bump, cracking her engine casing open, spilling oil on her rear tire and made her go down hard (which in fact, hunk's expert wrote probably wouldn't happen).

This is probably the only sentence you'll focus on in this reply hunk, but I do agree that one inch is the lesser of the evil, but I still don't recommend a lowering link because of the negative effects it has on the suspension...I recommend getting a bike that fits you, getting use to riding a motorcycle...then move on to more advanced areas...

Quick Reply: lowering 1 inch?