lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lighting problem

i have a 06 600 rr and i installed flush mounts in the front and put the intergrated tail in the back, which of course is leds. ( i also installed the resistors that came with the lights as well) my problem is that when i turn on the turning signal they will just come on and take at least a minute if not more before it will start blinking. if you have the brights on it will take twice as long for them to start blinking. Now i am an electrian, so when it first did it my first reaction was that i had a wire touching another for some reason, so i went though and double checked and there was nothing touching. then i removed the resistors and it still did the same thing, so now i am just puzzled. so any help is really needed it drives me nuts that it does this since it is brand new.[:@]

thanks, any help is needed

Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: lighting problem

Does this happen for the front and rear blinkers? Did you have a ground for the front? Sometimes aftermarket blinkers only have two wires so you can't have running lights and if you tried to connect the ground to it then it might screw it up. Not sure myself, just throwing it out there. I installed my integrated tail light and it worked fine, no resistors. You probably already know this, but if you use the resistors they hook up in parallel.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:37 PM

I had the same problem the 1st time around when I put mine on...and i dont remember what i did wrong now...but it was on an intergrator and I do know the problem was in the resistor...I think it ties between + and - if i remember right...is that how yours is?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM

i had the rear in first because i did that the same day i bought it (i could not drive it with all the hunk of crap hangin back there) then i went riding. everything worked just fine. then the next day i put the flush mounts in.

to answer the question on the number of wires on the flush mounts (they are hot bodies) there are two. so i traced out witch ones were witch, and used the proper ones. left the one wire (running lights) unhooked.

so then thats when i hooked the resistors. it did not a take as long for them to come on but had a big hestation.
then i doubled checked the front to make sure something was not touching so i now i don't know. so that leads me to believe that it is the front doing it since it worked just fine when i had only the back light in.

thinking about pulling a walmart thing and buying another set and put them in to see if they do the same thing, if it doesn't then i can take the old ones back!

Old 06-12-2006, 11:53 PM

didnt have time to read all of this..but i will say u dont always need resistors in the front and back..i did all led on mine 06 and i only need it in the back, it blinks at stock speed.

before u send anything back, try taking the back or front ones off and go from there.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 AM

dissconect the back lights and try it again if it works then change the rear lights to LED(old lights might be drawing to much current). if it still does the same take out the resistors.