Licence plate/Reflector setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Licence plate/Reflector setup

Hi, As i posted in another thread, I am new to this board. This has probibly been posted a million times but I didnt see it anywhere.
So, I asume that many of you have modified you rear setup and relocated the licence plates and removed the reflectors.
I have only seen this done once and I didnt get a good look at it. So if all you guys can post up pictures and descriptions
of how you modified yours. Thanks, anything will help.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Default RE: Licence plate/Reflector setup

Hey bro,
Under the 600rr forum check out "usndoc pix" dat be a sample of my bike. I just took off da front reflectors and mounted my plate to da back ones. hope it help ya!

Old 03-02-2005, 03:15 PM

If at all possible, could you elaborate for me a little, is that an aftermarket
setup you have for the rear turn signals? But I really like the way the rear end
looks on your bike. Any cops ever give you **** for having your plate mounted
at such an angle? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:56 PM

No guff from da five-0 yet!
For the plate what i did was i got this cheap lil after market bracket (that was adjustable), mounted the plateon the bracket and then to the back red reflectors. I just took the nuts of the reflector and placed the plate mount on and rescrewed it. I also got a white led light attached so that it shines on the plate (In case da man wants to hassle me) that is attached to the side of a licenseplate frame. It has to be at a extreme angle in the back otherwise each time you hit a bump, sit, or have a passenger on the back its gonna rub yer wheel (thats how the bottom part of my license plate frame broke off).
As far as the rear signals go... I'm try'n to eliminate them all together and get a intergrated one. But my boy and took off that whole wheno beggo thing and cut and grinded pieces to fit my perpouse. If you look under yer exhaust pipe their should be a bract w/ 3 holes. We grinded dat piece to look nice (had to take off back plastics to get to it and disconnect it). Re-mounted 'em put some cheap aftermarket lights in the middle hole and made a piece that connected both ends so that it wouldn't be floating and stoped vibrations. All my lights aren't DOT approved either. I dunno think any after market lights are though. GET A INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT. They eliminate all that work and if you go to the right place you can gettem under 100$ They look cool and are alot cleaner than the set up I have now. Btw intigrated tail lights are DOT approved either!

My girl and I have lots 'o cops friends. If you get pulled over you are A. Speeding or doing somthing dangerous or stupid wid yer bike or B. The pig has nothing better to do. Most cops wont waste their time on you, at least dats what was told to me.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:34 PM

Alright thanks for taking the time to write the explanation. It helped a lot.
Anyone else have any other cool setups?

Old 03-02-2005, 10:57 PM

NP! hope it werks out fer ya bro!

Old 03-03-2005, 12:43 AM

Hey man, heres some pics of mine. I *think* it came as the standard kit for the Jardine RT One slip on Pipe that is now on there. (guy who had it before me put it on there) I replaced the turn signals with some aftermarket ones (16.99 from lockhart phillips) and put a matching set up front. Im sure you could bolt your stock ones back up. Also, look at lockhart phillips (ill post a link) cause they have several "fender eliminator" kits avialable for all kinds of bikes, not to mention the hundreds of other companies that have them too.

good luck,

take it easy,

Chris

heres that link i promised [:-]

Click Me>>LP USA Search<<Click me You just have to search for "fender eliminator" maybe even throw in your bike name and it will find it easier.

**OOOPS*** I forgot my pics

New Signals 1
New Signals 2
Before Signals 1
Before Signals 2