help! electrical problem. with h.beam/brake light/turn signals *symptoms inside!*

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! electrical problem. with h.beam/brake light/turn signals *symptoms inside!*

Ive traced back a bit of the wiring, and it looks fine.

Extra info:
-My highbeam and horn do not work.
-I dont have front turn signals
-I the Turn/Stop/Horn fuse was blown, I replaced it, it blew again, I replaced it again, and it was fine for the rest of the time I was messing with the bike.

Symptoms:
-When I turn on the left blinker, All my guage lights, low beam, rear brake light, all blink.

-When I click it down (to neutralize the turn signals) the break light still blinks, and my guages+ low beam still blink/dim, but the turn signals are not on anymore.

-When i turn on the right blinker, right blinker blinks, the guages and low beam are fine, and the brake does not blink anymore, and is usable.

-Horn does not work (did work before)

-High beam dosent work. Low beam and third eye work. (and it is not the bulb, because i tested it in the low beam socket as well)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

The only thing running in my head.. would be the wiring harness? I know for a fact, everything worked before. My buddy switched it out with a new one after he thrashed up the front end a bit. Everything looked plugged in though... So i am unsure.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Default RE: help! electrical problem. with h.beam/brake light/turn signals *symptoms inside!*

With that problem, you have wiring crossed somewhere, and grounded out somewhere if you are blowing a fuze every time. Sounds like you just have stuff crosses to be having controls work unintended items .

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Default RE: help! electrical problem. with h.beam/brake light/turn signals *symptoms inside!*

thanks for the reply. Great bike by the way! i remember saving a pic of it awhile back when i first got my rr.

Anyway- thats what im thinking as well. If it matters : I think theres a chance he has a 05/06 wiring harness?
but they werent different right? I havent taken a look at my service book to verify.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM

It has two different part numbers so there is a difference somewhere.....

Appreciate the compliments