Hello. Noob First bike *flame suit on*

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello. Noob First bike *flame suit on*

Hello, I am truly new to the bike scene, always admired them, but my passion for cars came first. I was lucky enough to pick up a M3 last year and Im looking into buying a bike for daily commutes to/from work. I know the rule of thumb for begininers are to get a smaller or at least used 600 as a first bike. From asking couple friends and asking around forums and such getting a 600 isnt the biggest problem in getting a first bike, but getting a new 600 is. I know that the chances of the bike being dropped and such is greater from me being a newb, but the bikes going to be in the garage and I plan on getting a stand. First thing first I plan on taking the MSF course before and buying the needed gear with the bike. Now here are my concerns and questions. Ive been dealing with a certain Honda dealer in New Tampa area and I was told that pearl white/silver models are limited and they cant do much of deals on those like they can on other colors, true?? And also those of you who have purchased a new 07 CBR600RR what was the out the door price? Any input is appriciated Thanks

Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Default RE: Hello. Noob First bike *flame suit on*

Hello and welcome. First off, the guy is****ing with youon the pearl/white being limited. It's probably the most common one that I have seen, but that may just be my opinion. (my dealer has 3 right now on the floor).
To answer your second question, I believe my out the door cost with the extended 5yr Honda warranty was around $8900.00 You can check other threads because it was a hot topic a while back.
I bought my 07 600RR a little over a month ago and it was my first bike. I've been on dirt bikes for a while, so I did have some prior experience. It has been a perfect first bike for me, but others will disagree. I have 1K miles on it already and haven't had a problem, YET! It is definitely a very powerful machine and with the flick of the wrist you can go from 50mph to 150mph, so respect is a must.
Good luck in your search and keep us posted.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:59 PM

[sm=bustedsign.gif]Thanks for that. I called America Honda Motor Co. Inc. after reading your post and they confirmed to me that the pearl white/silver is NOT a limited color or a special edition in any way. F.y.i the guy from the Honda dealer also told me that the out the price will be $9500 no less not including any warrenties. Im going to see if thats going to change after I tell him that I caught him in his BS. Any others? every advice/input is appriciated

Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 PM

$9500? $9499 is MSRP...never pay MSRP, especially now that the bike has been out for a while. If they won't budge, I'd say go to a different dealership. You'll find some place less than MSRP.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:14 AM

ORIGINAL: M3CBR600rr
I called America Honda Motor Co. Inc. after reading your post and they confirmed to me that the pearl white/silver is NOT a limited color or a special edition in any way. F.y.i the guy from the Honda dealer also told me that the out the price will be $9500 no less not including any warrenties.
when the dude told you that they are limited, he probably meant that the dealership has very few left of them (possibly one left). he used that information as a tactic so you will not bargin with him. the limit is only set by whatever the dealer ordered. they are not like respols.
as for the price he is giving you. i would say that a bike too much. you should have no problems shaving of 500 from that price. good luck.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:22 AM

for your first bike, stay away from ANY supersport motorcycle. stick to the standard sports for the first year and then trade in. you'll be MUCH better off in nearly every sense.

i KNOW there are prime EX500s in the Tampa area, and lemme tell ya, you can pick one up for about 1000 buck, and sell it in a year for exactly the same price. no lie. a year of riding for FREE. now tell me that's not a good deal... you'll develop better habits on a standard sport motorcycle than a Supersport. I'd hate for you to buy one and then crash because you didn't develop the basics. we just got dune having a LENGHTY discussion about this exact same thing. take a look around and read the whole thread (it's like 11 pages long). maybe print it out for easier reading.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:13 AM

I got mine for $9395 + a huge discount on all my new gear. So I think I came out alright.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:32 PM

$9499 w/ lojack and 5 year warranty plus i got all my gear "kbc helmet, alpinstars jacket, joe rocket gloves for $350. i know i couldnt stick with just one brand. the jacket alone was supposed to cost $250 and the helmet $200 plus $70 gloves so you can make out pretty good if you keep pestering them about it.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanks guys. Im going to nag them till they at least meet me half way. Great info from you guys, Im going to make sure I dont get short ended on my gear if they give me a deal. Gonna work on that 5 year warrenty too. Ill keep you guys posted on how it goes, if it goes well Ill post PICS!!

pic of da ride btw