Got pulled over today.. GRR

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over today.. GRR

Well a little background here. I live in cincinnati and the weather this time of year is usually pretty crappy. I got close to 70 today so I decided to call up the buddies and take advantage of the beautiful day. So I go to my friends house to pick up my bike and ride it to my house to pick of my jacket. So were here enjoying the ride and just as were about to get off the exit we see a state highway patrol with his lights on and has no one pulled over. We thought nothing of this, so we get off the exit wait for the light to turn green, and then we hear it. Blip of the siren and lights flashing. Im sitting here like great what did we do. The cop gets out of his car passes my friends bike and tells him whats up. He comes to my bike looks at my back end and tire. I ask his sir is anything wrong? He tells me " No I was just looking and your tread looked a little low". Im thinking to myself you have got to be kidding me so I ask him again if anything is wrong and tells me no again and ask to see my license. I show him he checks it out and tells me to have a good day and be safe.
Sorry for the long story, but I have never been pulled over for something so idiotic. I mean my tread is low!!! Its not even that low I still have plenty left. Have you guys ever been pulled over for something like this or dumber? Can he even pull me over for that? I guess he can do anything he wants but come on.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Default RE: Got pulled over today.. GRR

atleast he was lookin out for ur safety?..can u see tread being low at 70ish mph? maybe he was lookin for one of those off guarding hopeful attempts to catch ya w/o a license? idk we are basically powerless against their standard of operations. they can always say they were worried and pulled u over for ur own safety and u really cant argue that 1. sounds to me like u were the unfortunate victim of random hopefuls tickets. if ur ever pulled over/broke down a cop can pull up behind u and run ur license and plates and will rarely do anything to help, just delay u even more...imo honest opinion ur situation was total bs

Old 01-08-2008, 11:56 AM

That would be messed up if you did actually get a ticket. Sounds like he was just trying to bust your ***** for something else.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 PM

maybe he was just looking to make sure your bike was YOUR bike . cops do this .. sports bikes are stolen so much and so fast . cops do that here in texas . they will pull you over for somthing really small .. there could have been a PBA out for someone that was riding fast /running and you fit what they where looking for .. theres alot of reasons they can pull you over .. if you just do what they ask most the time they wont do anything . be happy hes doing his job . and you would not belive that amount of people that ride around with out having the edorsment for riding . it might be annoying but think of it this way .. had someone stolen your bike .. and he pulled the guy over ( and he was stupid enough to do so ) then you would have got your bike back ...

Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Feared600RR

maybe he was just looking to make sure your bike was YOUR bike . cops do this .. sports bikes are stolen so much and so fast . cops do that here in texas . they will pull you over for somthing really small .. there could have been a PBA out for someone that was riding fast /running and you fit what they where looking for .. theres alot of reasons they can pull you over .. if you just do what they ask most the time they wont do anything . be happy hes doing his job . and you would not belive that amount of people that ride around with out having the edorsment for riding . it might be annoying but think of it this way .. had someone stolen your bike .. and he pulled the guy over ( and he was stupid enough to do so ) then you would have got your bike back ...

I agree with this. I don't mind them stopping me for a few minutes.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:36 PM

there could have been a PBA out for someone that
They better not put a PBA out when MY bike gets stolen. I'm going to ask for an APB though.

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 01-08-2008, 02:57 PM

Im wasnt really mad at the situation, I guess it was more of the reason he gave me. I have plenty of tread on my tires and if that was the case he didnt need to see my license. I would have appreciated the truth and respected it much more. I have nothing against cops and the job they do. I understand there are some nice ones and some a holes. Oh well but you guys are right bikes are stolen alotso maybe that was it who knows

Old 01-08-2008, 03:01 PM

[sm=laughat.gif].... lol j/k Fitz.

Well glad you weren't cited for anything. He was probably just wanting to check out the bike.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 PM

lol i would laugh at me too.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:18 PM

i had a buddy of mine get pulled over on the highway once. he was late for work anda cop pulled him over and made him take his brand new helmet off and put it on the ground. then he asked for his license and registration and what not and after a few minutes my buddy asked him why he pulled him over and the cop goes "i have the same bike i wanted to check out your exhaust." because of this, his helmet was scratched, and he was extralate to work

Quick Reply: Got pulled over today.. GRR