Finally got it...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got it...

So today I got to ride home on my brand new 2005 600RR. First, let me say that I think I made a wise decision in buying it and this thing is fast for a mid-sized bike. And what's with the handling? I like to feel like I'm riding a motorcycle but when I ride this thing, I don't feel much of anything. It just seems to float through turns with ease. How much smoother can you get? I'm still breaking the engine in but next year I will do some mods, not that this bike isn't kickass right out of the crate. Some say that you can't learn on one and I have to disagree with them for the most part. It's light and pretty forgiving, not that I need a forgiving bike with my experience and attitude.

I was parked at work and the sky turned black and dumped ALOT of water on my bike thus forcing me to drive in the rain when I got off late at night. Not much of a problem there...I can't wait to see what this thing can do once I'm done breaking it in. There seems to be so much potential for this bike that I wonder why people even go up to the liter bikes at all? With a few mods, I'm sure that this bike will be more than enough for this kid. It just feels so perfect but my hands feel it after about 20 miles. I need to fix this so I guess I need gel grips from somewhere. What kind should I get? Any more useful info is always appreciated. I'm out...

Old 05-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Default RE: Finally got it...

Congrats!!!! I have to agree with you, the 06 1krr is an amazing machine. I picked mine up monday, and with the work week, I have only crested 100 miles; I took tomorrow off and have a 4 day weekend, so planning on logging some serious miles this weekend. The power of this bike is truely amazing, even under 5000 rpm, I can just imagine when I truly feel the powerband. You are also dead on with regard to it's rideability, it been more then 10 years since my last scoot, and being 'rusty' is an understatement, but this bike is smooth and forgiving. What I find truly amazing is the power available in any gear, at virtually any rpm, that coupled with a machine that is truly easy to turn, almost makes the bike too easy to ride. It's been a challenge to excercise wrist restraint, but each day it gets easier and easier.

I am totally stocked about my bike and hope you are too.!!!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 03:12 AM

Guess I should read more carefully...guess i am so excited about my 1krr that I misread your post, I'm sure that you are as happy with your new scoot as I am with mine....either bike is butter and pure ectasy to ride

Old 05-26-2006, 09:05 AM

LMAO, AZ was in to it and shyt

I agree with you though Elta, why do people want a litre bike? Maybe AZ can tell us. I know that for the type of traffic and area that I ride, a Litre bike would be more of hassle than not just to keep the thing under control. My throttle hand is twitchy enough as it is with the 600, I can't imagine what I would be like if I had a 1000RR.

Anyway, enjoy your new bike and as always post pix!

Oh yeah, adjust your levers to help reduce some of the pain in your hands. I adjusted my clutch lever and it helped alot. Also, try to keep as much of the weight as possible off of your hands by using your abs, lower back and brace your legs against the tank, HTH.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:13 AM

I know how you feel. Last saturday I picked up my 06 RR and after 6 years on the harley I couldn't believe how this bike handled. And like you after 50 miles my hands noticed it also. Congrats on the new ride.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Default Today...

I will purchase some gloves with gel grips and that will solve the problem with my hands. Really, the pain is minimal since I often just shake my hand every once in awhile and that seems to help alot. Yeah, I love my 1000RR but for some reason they gave me a 600 instead, those idiots. What can you do? The sun is out today off and on but the rain is still coming down periodically. Some day I may get a liter bike but this 600RR is fast enough for the streets in my opinion. Plus, with a few mods, I can pull away from a stop with the best of them. I find myself just staring at it sometimes. I am hooked forever...

Old 05-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Default RE: Today...

congrats on your bike bro... i feel the same way sometimes... after i ride it home and park it... i find myself juss standing there looking at it for a few minutes before i go in the house lol... and with regards with learning on the 600rr that's exactly what i did... with each passing mile i feel more and more comfortable on my baby... i'm hooked... juss finished breaking it in and now i'm startin to really have some fun... really lookin forward to the rest of the summer now... good luck and have fun on the new ride

Old 05-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Default RE: Today...

congrats on yuor new bike and if i may add my opinion i would say leave it stock. law enforcement is less apt to harass you with it being stock and if you are just riding it normally. i would say go to a track and take a school and start doing track days. they will teach you a lot.