Bike won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike won’t start

I got a 2005 CBR and I’ve had this problem for a while. I crashed my bike about a year ago and it wouldn’t start so I had to jumpstart it then I fixed the tilt sensor and it worked perfectly fine. My clutch went out so of course I did it myself and when I put everything back together put new oriole in it wouldn’t start. So I try to jumpstart it and It did. So I checked everything and I got a new starter relay, got a new battery, got a new starter Got new wires. I got new ground and positive wires from the starter. Got all new fuses. Got a new starter. New Ignition switch. Basically everything. Before I change the clutch the bike started. After I change the clutch it didn’t start. I took it apart three times and made sure all the gears were aligned and the washers and that one flimsy washer was in the right place Before I change the clutch the bike started. After I change the clutch it didn’t start. I took it apart three times and made sure all the gears were aligned and the washers and that one flimsy washer was in the right place I have double checked and triple checked it and I can’t find the issue. There is no ground wire anywhere. I’ve had two people look at my bike and I still can’t figure it out. If someone can help me would be greatly appreciated any input I definitely need.
thanks in advance

Also For some reason my bike front headlights in a running light turned off and none of the fuses are blown

Last edited by Bryce Haye; 01-08-2020 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You’ve obviously done a whole range of jobs on your bike and your issue could be any one of them or a combination of a few.
First off battery needs proving with multimeter. Once that’s ok’d time to check those fuses. Remember to check both sides of your fuses. With all of your new wiring you could easily have just blown one. If you find a blown fuse check your wiring before you replace it. Whilst your doing this you can prove your connections are good.
Be methodical and take your time to eliminate causes of your non start. Once you are confident that the electrical side is not the reason she won’t start it’s time to move to the mechanical.
i should say that you should however be certain that your clutch has been installed correctly so if she does fire up you don’t damage anything.
Best of luck