Any converters from a GSXR to a RR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any converters from a GSXR to a RR?

It doesn't really matter what you get really, once you're used to it you're used to it. You might think a 750 will do you but then realize its not enough and go up to the liter. At first you might be kinda sketchy on that but after a couple months you'd be used to that and then be on your way to tha 'busa.

All the bikes inproduction are hella fast and you'll get used to whatever you ride. People that own the 750s love them to death so i don't think you'd be displeased with it. But you really aren't going to pick up that much extra power compared to the weight gain. Personally i think you should just go with the one thats more pleasing to your eye.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 AM

you make a very good point!!! thanks for that

Old 07-31-2007, 04:01 PM

no
not a lot of difference in power
but the difference in weight makes up for it

Old 08-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Ahem I have an 06 gsxr and a 06 cbr600rr. I like the honda better. the gsxr feels on edge around corners the cbr just kinda rolls into the turns helps a novise like me go faster while feeling more relaxed. The stock seat on the gsxr is more squishy but it feels more cheaply made. the seating postition on the gsxr is not as good I realy dont know how to describe it.The honda's seat feels higher but thats good cause im 6 feet tall. also the seat covering feels better because its water proof. if it gets wet you just wipe it off the gsxr seat seems to soak up water a little bit. Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki they all are almost dead even stock screw anyone who says different. It all boils down to build quality and engine.Me I like Honda engines the gsxr is a great freaking bike and just as good as the cbr but for me the cbr fits me a little better because its not so twichy wich boils down to more speed if your more comfortable . Just get what you think you like the best. aka go drive them all.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: crhallcbr

[IMG]local://upfiles/11340/0CA9D40B0AC64457BA590668A1419283.jpg[/IMG]
Wait a minute Hall, didn't we just agree that we both didn't trust ourselves on bigger bikes?!

Threadjack

Nice neighborhood. I'll take that white house across the street. I'm guessing you're in PA. Am I close?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Jay SWAT

It doesn't really matter what you get really, once you're used to it you're used to it. You might think a 750 will do you but then realize its not enough and go up to the liter. At first you might be kinda sketchy on that but after a couple months you'd be used to that and then be on your way to tha 'busa.

All the bikes inproduction are hella fast and you'll get used to whatever you ride. People that own the 750s love them to death so i don't think you'd be displeased with it. But you really aren't going to pick up that much extra power compared to the weight gain. Personally i think you should just go with the one thats more pleasing to your eye.
He would be going from an F4i to a GSX-R750. That is basically a 30 or so HP gain with 12 lb decrease in weight or thereabouts. This will cost him possibly around a thousand more than going to a CBR 600RR which would be a 20 HP gain with a 29 lb decrease in weight. The CBR will be more comfortable, but the Suzuki can be made plenty confortable with handlebar, seat, and footpeg mods as needed. The base 750 will not be an a great increase in power over the 600, but I suspect the larger engine will have more potential for modification. This is just a guess on my part. I mean if he is just going to walk out of the dealer with a bike, the 600RR will probably be a better deal, but I am not sure it will give him the comfort and versatility he is looking for. But if he wants to get a bike that he can mold into the perfect bike, the GSX-R might have more potential.

After following this guy's dilemma for a while, though, and doing more reading and learning on my own, I think he might just be best served with a CBR 1000RR. His fear of literbike power would go far to keep him alive and out of the hospital. He'll probably ride it responsibly. He should just keep his F4i for a while and put some performance mods on it to make it more competitive with the race replicas and head out to the track. Give himself a real appreciation for his F4i, which is an accomplished race bike (though a generation old). Then, once he has been out on the track and beat the snot out of some 600RRs and GSX-R600s and other bikes out there, he should buy himself a literbike.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:54 PM

just keep your f4i, its the best all around bike. what do you need more power for?? do you take your bike to the track?? are losing races on the track? do you just want a bigger bike with more power cause you see other people that have them? imo i would stay with the f4i if comfort is your concern. just do a few mods here and there and its plenty of bike for anyone....

Old 08-06-2007, 01:09 AM

Hello everyone,

Okay y'allsare confusing me. Why go from GSXR to a RR if both are same 600cc? Why goto 750instead of just going straight to 1000?

Clueless here, fill me in pls.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

Hello everyone,

Okay y'allsare confusing me. Why go from GSXR to a RR if both are same 600cc? Why goto 750instead of just going straight to 1000?

are you serious? the same reason some people like chevys and others like fords. or some people like jiffy, and others like peter pan. because there are all sorts of little differences between all of the big 4 brands

Old 08-06-2007, 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

Hello everyone,

Well, crhallcbr is not satisfied with his F4i, but is scared to go to a literbike, and Suzuki is the only company that currently makes a bike between the 600 class and the 1000 class. But it has its own weaknesses and shortcomings, and there are enough differences between the various 600s that he really has a lot to consider. Will a 750 give him enough additional power? Will a different 600 be enough? Will the Suzuki be comfortable enough? Is a 1000 really too much? Can the F4i be modded to be satisfying? Will the Gixxer need mods?

There are tons of variables.