Almost Hit Someone Today...

Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Hit Someone Today...

A buddy and I were riding up PCH to LA from Orange County today. As we hit LA the traffic began to back up so we started to split lanes at red lights when possiible. We were following this corolla for some time, about 5-6 miles, so I'm pretty sure they knew were were there. At one red light I started to go between the cars and the idiot passenger got out of the car to talk to the car next to them. I got about 2 feet from him before stopping. And then he looks at me as if it was all my fault.... Who gets out of the car in the middle of the street? Luckily I wasn't going too fast so it really wasn't too big a deal... but still.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Default RE: Almost Hit Someone Today...

LOL dude I dont know why but this shyt just cracked me up ...."who gets out of the car in the middle of the street" LOL ...

I wish that dumba$$ read this here...stupida$$

But just be careful you never know whats coming your way man...not that i have been driving for long but already avoid plenty of weird situation to realize that how careful we got to be...and by the way im from OC too man...I ride the PCH with my friends a lot too but more like Laguna hill to newport to long beach huntington and all that you know just fun stuff just right next to the beach and all its cool g2 be careful tho man ... there are lot of ppl going crazy with their exotic cars on PCH too...

Take care...and glad u dint hit him

Jimmy

Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 AM

Gotta be careful when lane splitting man, never know what could happen. Thing is, if you do hit someone in that situation, it'll be seen as your fault, regardless of how stupid they are for getting out and not looking.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:22 AM

Being new I like to think I'm doing my best to always know what's around me and who is where. Im always careful when going in between two cars. I keep my speed down so that when stuff like this happens I have enough distance to stop, as with this case. There are just too many idiots in this world.

And yes, after cursing a bit, I found myself laughing at what happened....

Old 10-03-2006, 04:37 AM

umm i dont think it would be the biker's fault if he got hit.. cop bikers are legal to do lane splitting (yes i know, they are above the law) but if that happened to a cop and someone got hit - who's fault would it be?

but yeah, got to watch yourself anyways because anyone could be like "oh i dropped a quarter between the door" and open the door at a red light...

close call tho

Old 10-03-2006, 05:31 AM

people in Oregon are DICKS if you try and lane split jealous or something they will swerve or block you off, i only do it when i am caught in heavy traffic in ****ty weather Really hot or raining etc i go slow but still they will inch up to another car to pinch you off....Bastards.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM

Its legal to lane split on CA. One of if not the only state it is legal. Regardless its always a dangerous manuver. It gets my heart racing a bit when I do it. Sounds like you were going heads p to avoid it. Good job.

ORIGINAL: HighRevver

people in Oregon are DICKS if you try and lane split jealous or something they will swerve or block you off, i only do it when i am caught in heavy traffic in ****ty weather Really hot or raining etc i go slow but still they will inch up to another car to pinch you off....Bastards.
When I was headed to Bandimire raceway when I was on CO. People were doing this to riders as they were trying to get past the cars to get to there own parking area. The MF's in the cars were opening doors and what not to try to stop them. All im saying is they better be glad it wasnt me of someone who would get of the bike and have a meeting between my fist and there face.