600 Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600 Racing

Hey everyone.

I am just new on these forums. I have recently been looking into getting a 600 bike just for the track. I already race MX so I have all the "Lug it about" equipment. Although I will need things such as new track leathers etc. We all know the basics.

Anyway, for bikes I have been looking between 2007+ CBR600RR's and Yamaha R6's. I would like to get opinions from everyone about the CBR, I am sure you all love your bike but if anybody happens to have riden an R6 in comparison also. I am looking for a bike which won't try and kill me as I have not riden road/track bikes for a long while. Last road bike I road was about a year ago on a Yamaha YZF R125, 14hp, not exactly that quick. Either way whatever bike I get I also intend to put a learner restricter in there so I don't kill myself right away as the bikes will have alot more power and are completely different riding styles to dirt.

Anyway, back to my origonal point, can anybody give me more info on the bikes as from what I know, they are great!

Cheers everyone.
John.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

first, welcome to the site john.

there are plenty of guys tracking 600rr's (even more the 1000's), and the honda's are definitely the most "mechanically sound" bikes for any purpose (that's both opinion & fact. but my next door neighbor has an r6 for the track, which i think may be a better choice as they seem to produce slightly better power and perhaps more importantly there's a more readily available arsenal of track parts for the yammies.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM

Well another point which is making me lean to Honda is the HESD, e.g. the electric dampers. From what I hear it makes the bike more forgiving and if you hit a bump or a dip that you are not prepaired for the bike soaks it up. Apparently the bike is more forgiving and easier to handle where as from what I know from a guy who has an R6 he says it is stiffly sprung and more track focused from the factory spec bike but he says on the road it can be difficult to use and on the track if you treat it wrong it will not take long to throw you off where as I say again the Honda forgives...I hear lol

Old 07-04-2010, 03:44 PM

I ride an 05' 600 and my buddy rides an 07' r6, he definitely has more power but I don't like how it handles. Falls into corners great but feels less stable at high speeds. So if you want the straight line speed go Yama, but the cbr is better all around. IMO