2006 cbr 600rr wont start?????? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it start? Will it stay running as long as starter button held down? Do u hear fuel pump go on when u turn key on? leave key on the on position and wiggle wires on left side of headlight. If u hear fuel pump go on and headlight goes on when wiggling wire around then that Is ur problem. Make sure they are all plugged in good. Mine did what ur is doing and that was my problem. I just made sure everything was plugged n good on left side of headlight. Right between front fairing and the black air intake is a where I found problem. Two wire connectors are in there Hope this is ur problem cause if so it won’t cost u a dime to fix

Old 08-28-2017, 08:58 PM

Having the same issue with my 01 honda cbr f4i bike was sitting for over 5 years. Replaced tank, fuel pump assembly, spark plugs, oil change, the works. The Fuel pump primes, and it gets spark but the fuel injectors are not getting any power. Tried switching out the manifold sensor, that wasn't the answer and checked for any damaged wires. The injectors are good so I'm not sure what the issue is. Hoping it's not the ECU. Got any suggestions?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you looked at the relays (engine stop and Fuel Cut) try swapping them out with the headlight relay

Old 08-30-2017, 06:45 PM

Just tried it. I can hear both click. Checked the volts and I'm get 12 for the red and white wires and 1.4 for the black and black and white, engine stop relay. Getting no volts on the brown and black for the fuel cut off relay. Feel like this isn't correct. Fuel pump primes but injectors still not firing. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Jarsenic86; 08-30-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarsenic86
Just tried it. I can hear both click. Checked the volts and I'm get 12 for the red and white wires and 1.4 for the black and black and white, engine stop relay. Getting no volts on the brown and black for the fuel cut off relay. Feel like this isn't correct. Fuel pump primes but injectors still not firing. Any other suggestions?
Hi does the horn work, just to prove the fuse, have you bypassed the bank angle sensor ,to take that out of the equation, the brown/black wire comes straight from the ECU

Old 08-27-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zozo
Have almost the same issue with my 06 cbr600rr, but it cranks and runs when you pour gas into throttle bodies but that's about it. Fuel pump primes and works I've replaced it check all fuses replaced ignition pulse generator sensor and still having the same damn issue, I've come to the conclusion is has to be the injectors or something is not allowing the electricity to flow to the injectors cuz I've jumped the injectors with a 12 volt battery and they spray and bike runs but the noly issues with doing this is that when you unplug one of the injector connectors the fuel pump will not engage there for leaving you with no flow of fuel. Not to mention I already bypassed the kickstand and the BAS check fuses did all I could but still with a stranded bike for about 6 going to 7 months
Zozo, I finally solved my CBR problems. I broke down bought a service manual,and started testing all the circuits. ECU was fine, tps,good . Everything pointed to the fuel pump. It was an aftermarket pump I installed previously.It primed like normal, but must not of had enough fuel pressure. I broke down and bought a oem pump 350.00$ later and it's running perfect. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Good outcome!

Thanks for posting up how you solved the problem.

Cheers, SB

Old 11-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Default Maybe help?

I just had this problem with my friends 2003 cbr600rr, his problem was just a dead battery. But before we thought I checking that, we ripped his bike apart, best thing to do is unplug the wiring that runs to your kill switch and the harness that connects the fuel pump to the bike, once you do that, take a multimeter and run one end from the killswitch to the harness of the fuel pump that's connected to your bike and check for volts, if there is none, bad connection from the kill switch, if theres any voltage above 1, it's a bad fuel pump
Hope it helps!