07' 600RR Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' 600RR Electrical Problems

Here's the dilemma.
Ok, buddy of mine owns a 07' 600RR. He had the side plastics off, and decided to let another one of our buddies ( Only rode dirt bikes before. ) ride it because it's already been wrecked. He was thinkin, what other damage could he do riding around a neighborhood at 10mph right? So, away this guy goes on my friends bike. Well, he gets down the street and we hear a loud noise and then we hear the bike motor shut off. Well, needless to say, the obvious happened. So, we get the bike picked up and everything. I get on it to ride it back to the house and I notice the gauges dont work. So, here is the question. Do you guys think it's the gauges that got rattled somehow? Or do you guys think it's the wiring harnass that got damaged?

Here's what actually DOES work on the gauges.
1. The digital clock works.
2. The Bright light indicator works.
3. The blinker indicators work

Here's what does'nt work.
1. The tach does'nt
2. The speedometer doesn't
3. The gas gauge indicator doesn't
4. The neutral light doesn't

I don't know if this helps, but when the bike is in the on position and I plug the gauge wiring back into the harness the Tach needle cycle as if it normally would when you turn the key on.

Also, I checked all the fuses I could find on the bike and they all seem to be fine. Another weird thing is that the headlights both work but the center ( position ) light doesn't work either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Side Note: If anyone has parts for an 07 600RR they want to sell let me know.
Here's what I need.
1. The right side headlight. ( Should have a big R on the black plastic above the light. )
2. The left side brake rotor.
3. Wiring harnass and/or gauge cluster, depending on what the general opinion is on what is faulty.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07' 600RR Electrical Problems

That sounds like what happened to me 2 months ago when i installed my scorpio alarm. But i dunno might be something else too. Well, what happened to me was i forgot to do the ground wirings and my battery life just got sucked out. So i pulled my battery out and recharge it and voila it worked again. Hope this helps, who knows.