CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Winter F4 Mod log

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ddavis17
So i may have found a way to wire the FI light to be a fuel light like it was on the F4. I tested it by jumping the pins that go to the sensor in the gas tank and it lights up. Since my gas tank is still getting painted i wont be able to test it more until i get the tank back. Im going to put it back on the bike with no gas in it and see if the light comes on. Then im going to fill the tank with a gas can and see when the light turns off. Im probably going to test it this weekend.
I've tried this with my fi light and could never get it to work correctly. if you can mad props and please share what you did

Old 02-27-2012, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Boyo
it looks nice man... can you take some in depth detail pictures of where it all comes together?

like how the side fairings attach to the front nose and to the air guards that screw onto the tank... because mine looks jacked up and want to see if i'm missing something or doing something dumb.. please and ty
yea once my gas tank comes back ill see how it fits, test the light, and take some pics and let you know. Prob wont be until wed or thurs depending on when the shop calls me. They said tues or weds.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM

yea once my gas tank comes back ill see how it fits, test the light, and take some pics and let you know. Prob wont be until wed or thurs depending on when the shop calls me. They said tues or weds.
the reason why I ask is because I can't get my **** to look nice tight and pretty.... so was hoping for some pointers or using x thing to make them tight etc etc etc

Old 02-27-2012, 07:22 PM

the reason why I ask is because I can't get my **** to look nice tight and pretty.... so was hoping for some pointers or using x thing to make them tight etc etc etc
My sides look seamless and i got it to look like that by first putting the side fairings on and then installing the nose last. I mounted the nose loosely to the upper stay until i lined up the sides and mirror holes. After i had the sides and mirrors on I tightened the nose to the upper stay. I then hacked the air tubes down and taped up the opening that was left and threw them under the air duct covers. My tank isn't back so i don't know how the alignment for that part is but everything else looks pretty seamless. It took me a little time to get everything perfect (like an hour and a half) but it all looks pretty good. Just took a lot of minor adjustments and bending.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Well i have a few more pics. Unfortunately i can't ride my bike because of a busted water joint (HUGE wrench slipped out of my hand) so my bike wont hold antifreeze until i get another one. Hopefully ebay comes through or i have to wait for almost 2 onths because they are on backorder with honda. > Here are some pics of how it currently stands

Before the gas tank came back.

How it currently looks

I forgot to tell cbrfairings that i wanted a cbr f4 tail so i have those annoying holes for the grab bar. I'm just gonna grab some fiberglass resin and fill it and cover it with a decal so i don't have to worry about painting those squares.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Well i have a few more pics. Unfortunately i can't ride my bike because of a busted water joint (HUGE wrench slipped out of my hand) so my bike wont hold antifreeze until i get another one. Hopefully ebay comes through or i have to wait for almost 2 onths because they are on backorder with honda. > Here are some pics of how it currently stands

Before the gas tank came back.

How it currently looks

I forgot to tell cbrfairings that i wanted a cbr f4 tail so i have those annoying holes for the grab bar. I'm just gonna grab some fiberglass resin and fill it and cover it with a decal so i don't have to worry about painting those squares.

water joint ?? can we get some pictures?? I have spare parts I can sell you off my project motor.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM

It looks like number 1 on this schematic. 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4 partsfiche I have one coming from ebay for 10 dollars now so if it doesn't fit and you have one it will be greatly appreciated

Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM

It looks like number 1 on this schematic. 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4 partsfiche I have one coming from ebay for 10 dollars now so if it doesn't fit and you have one it will be greatly appreciated
lol you broke that? I do have a spare let me know... and post some pictures up of the aline ment of the fairing what you used and all that stuff once your ready to put the tank on for good.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM

lol you broke that? I do have a spare let me know... and post some pictures up of the aline ment of the fairing what you used and all that stuff once your ready to put the tank on for good.

LOL ok ill let you know if i need it and i will take the pics once i get it all together for good. It probably will be during the weekend.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Went for a long ride yesterday, about 6 hours, all around the city with a friend and today for a couple of hours and it feels great. This bike gets compliments everywhere i go now LOL and i owe all of the info i got to do the stuff to this site. Thanks guys. Detailed pics coming as soon as i get ahold of my friend with the cannon Rebel. I need some really good pics.

Quick Reply: Winter F4 Mod log